DHS Mystery Photos...HELP!

Discussion in 'Disney's Hollywood Studios Photos' started by Scottwdw, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I took these two photos during Pixelmania 2011 and just now are getting to them. However, I have forgotten where I took them except in Disney's Hollywood Studios. I need your help to identify the locations.

This is in a store but which one? On Sunset Blvd.? Bonus question..from what movie is the still from?

[​IMG]

This one looks like it was taken inside the Lounge of the 50's Prime Time Café. Or was it elsewhere?

[​IMG]

2. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Indeed that Flamingo is in the Prime Time Cafe lounge - it's sitting on top of the TV.

Not sure on the first one though...it's part of the old Hollywood 3-act structure for scriptwriting...Act One: The setup, Act Two: the confrontation, Act Three: the resolution.

So based on it being screenwriter-related, could it be in the Writer's Stop?

3. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Not the Writer's Stop. ; The shelving and ceiling do not match. ; Notice the lighting above. ; Have not found an image with matches it yet. Was not familiar with the 3-act structure which might help me find it.

Thanks for the flamingo and for telling me it's on the TV.

4. zackiedawg

Yeah, the light above was throwing me off - it didn't match what I recall of the Writer's Stop. ; It was the first writing-related place I could think of! ; The 3-act structure may help - it's likely a place that is more of a 'backstage' or 'insider' type store, as opposed to the more 'audience' or 'fan' related theming.

5. gary

gary Member

villians in vogue? maybe up on shelving along the top?

6. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Close...from what I can find. The same kind of lighting was used there BUT the wallpaper does not match and there are filmstrip like decorations, no shelves.

7. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

The first one is perhaps "Legends of Hollywood"?

(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk)

8. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

That was my first guess but, for the life of me, I can not find find a photo to confirm it.

9. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I guess it is up to the next person who is going to be in the studios to check it out...

10. zackiedawg

I may be there as soon as tomorrow evening...I'll keep my eye out for it.

11. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Oh, that would be great, Justin! ; Could you snap a wider view if you find it for me? ; An AllEars team member was pretty sure this was in the Legends of Hollywood shop.

12. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

And it would definitely fit there with the "Act One: the Set Up" theme. ; When there with Jim Korkis, I took plenty of photos outside the store, just not inside.

Sent from my iPhone...

13. zackiedawg

Surprise! ; It was actually in Villains in Vogue - so Red was right. ; It was on the top shelving, just to the right of the tea selection near the center-right of the store. ; One thing was actually missing - the sign that says 'Act One' was no longer there - but the photo and the glassware was there, as was that bit of wallpaper behind it, and that overhead light with plastic eggcrate grill. ; I * think* I took a snap of it, but won't get to my photos until I get home.

14. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I can see Jim Korkis shaking his head at the missing sign. ; No rush on the photo if you got one, Justin, and thank you!

15. zackiedawg

No problem - I didn't get a chance to get online yesterday to tell you - I saw it in the late afternoon, but was out in the parks and roaming around until 1am! ; Tonight, I came back a little earlier after Magic Kingdom day, and will be hitting Epcot all day and night tomorrow.

16. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Have a great time! ; Parks fairly quiet?

17. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Nope, Gary was right. ; I said it was in Legends of Hollywood.

18. zackiedawg

Oops - got it mixed up who guessed Villains.

Parks have been mixed actually - DHS was definitely less than normal - not UNcrowded, but much lighter than usual...20min wait on standby for Star Tours, 40 minutes for ToT. ; Magic Kingdom yesterday was actually about normal - fairly heavy crowd about the same as Pixelmania (September's trip actually had much less crowd). ; I think Epcot should be significantly quieter today based on how many people have been boating or walking over from the resort hotel entrance. ; Downtown Disney felt pretty thin, and overall it doesn't look and feel crowded on the grounds, but I think there may be a few conventions in town, and when you combine that with the Brazilian groups, you can end up at the wrong park where they all decided to go for the day and end up with some crowds (MK was about 50% S. American and Brazilian yesterday).