China (before and after)

Discussion in 'The Digital Darkroom' started by Craig, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Here is a before and after.
    rotated (obviously), cloned out people, cloned out some scaffold, and in case you missed it added a sky. original picture from august 08 during the week of TS Fay.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

2. molander

molander Member

What an incredible difference! I've got to stop gawking over all these outstanding pictures and start practicing!

3. JoePenniston

JoePenniston Member

amazing. How'd you do that with the sky??

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  4. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Craig I see you are learning from Tim's PS book of tips! Nice work!

5. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Thanks everyone!

Poly--HAHAHA, no, this is nothing like what Tim can create!!! this is just really really basic stuff.

If you look close, you can see where I screwed it up too. The top finial is half missing, and on the left where I eliminated the scaffold, I also see that I half eliminated the building roof!

Overall, this was very easy to do.
    I used acdsee photo editor and acdsee pro.

I started by cloning out in acdsee pro those big angled structures in the sky, then cloning out the scaffold, then cloning out the people (which was easy because they are if front of such a busy pattern). Also, straightened the photo.

Then, I used the "magic wand" in acdsee photo editor to select the entire sky (this is where I screwed up the finial). Then I "delete" that selected part.

I then added a second picture I had of a sky which showed up through the "deleted" part of the photo.

After adding the sky in acdsee editor, I then boosted saturation and contrast in Acdsee pro.

I am going to try this with several pictures from August. if this works, I am going to take a series of different sky photos to be able to change skies as needed!

6. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Still Craig, better than I can do at this point! I like the result!