Castle Dream Lights animation gif

Discussion in 'The Magic Kingdom Photos' started by Craig, Jan 8, 2008.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

The one that came with my PSP8 (bundled for free) was called 'Animation Studio 3' I think. It is similarly simple to the Microsoft version you mention. You open the program, click on the photos to add, click-and-drag to rearrange them if you want, then set the speed of the gif with a slider and the size of the frame you want...then save.

I'm sure the 'Rave' program you mention lets you do alot more, with cropping, color, effects, etc. The animation Studio is very simple and probably alot less features, but that's what makes it fun for me to use sometimes. Probably much like you with the Microsoft!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. zackiedawg

I finally did one! I dug through my December Mousefest pics and found a whole sequence of tripod shots taken from the same spot. I had to align a few a bit, but it was fairly simple. Like you, I had to save as a smaller size, and lower resolution or it would be a huge file...it's big enough as it is with 48 frames!:

[​IMG]

I used fade transitions between them, which I think helped the fireworks feel more 'live'.

3. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Nicely done Justin!

4. zackiedawg

Thanks medic. And thanks to Craig for the idea and the reminder to play with the old animation software every once in a while!

5. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Great job on the animations Craig. I also checked out your site & Love your work. Thanks for the link to the Microsoft animator. ;D

6. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Thanks Cooleo! Thanks for the feedback on the site, I put a lot of work into making it new with more photos.

I also just fixed the links in this thread to point to the new folder.