can't clone out sensor boogers

Discussion in 'The Digital Darkroom' started by gary, Sep 28, 2007.

1. gary

gary Member

i could not get the sensor boogers out with the clone stamp tool, anyone have any ideas why????
    the good news is my visible dust cleaning kit arrived while i was out taking these and after working up enough courage to use the arctic butterfly, while reading the directions about 10 times first, i appear to have gotten the boogers off my 5d, i took some later photos and can't see any in those pics
    this is our lady of the island shrine, eastport new york, karen wanted to go to the gift shop, and i tagged along since i've never been there before, really beautiful grounds, but when you name your coffee shop after st. joseph , you are just asking for this

i'll have a cuppa holy joe, please

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

fixed it in 2 seconds. used healing brush... gary make sure you are doing this on the background layer and not any adjustment layers.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. mSummers

mSummers Member

Tim beat me to it, but I downloaded it and tried it too. The clone tool works fine if you take the clone from an area to the left or right of the booger. Since the sky is a gradient, if you take the clone from above or below, it would not match.

4. gary

gary Member

ok, my problem seems to be that the original file is partially locked, the palette has all the lock options greyed out, except the little lock symbol, the partial message is what i get when i hold the cursor over it, now this is the first time i've tried to use the clone tool on a 5d pic, but come to think of it i can't remember ever cloning or healing brush since i got ps 7.0, i do all my conversion using breezebrowser pro, never had any problems with 20d files, i don't think i did any cloning/healing to any xti files either
    i've consulted my dummies 7.0 book and i can't for the life of me figure out how to unlock the layer
    thanks for the repair job tim, hopefully i can get the file unlocked, now this is the used cd with original packing and key code i bought used through amazon, when i tried to register it i could not, when i called adobe cust service, all they could tell me was it's on a list of do not register, but 3 steps up the supervisor chain, no one could find out why not, they all agreed it's a legit adobe product, but they did not seem very interested in finding out how to let me register the thing, they all seemed to feel i should just go out and buy cs3 for 3x the $, i told them a better camera and lenses were a higher priority for me, so that was not happening soon
    all the other features with layers seem to work just fine, using the dummies book i'm getting deeper and deeper into the program a little at a time
    thanks for everyone's input and help, i'll be off the boards for about 8 days while out race chasing and leaf peeping, will return 10/8/07 for a brief 4 days and then off to bawlmur for neices wedding then out to west virginny for more leaf peeping, hope to have something worthy of posting upon return

5. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I am sure with all of that traveling there will be a few worth posting. :)