Canon's Photography in the Parks contest

Discussion in 'TMIP Contest Announcements' started by Roger, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

http://www.usa.canon.com/dlc/controller ... fromTips=1

Canon is having a contest for two categories:

Landscape
    Wildlife

Rules: Must be taken inside a US park or National Monument.

Entry deadline: 9/29

I know someone who likes to take some pics of birds inside a sanctuary that should be submitted.

Only other rule is you can't be a professional, which means that in the last three years, 51% or more of your own income can't be from your own photography business either as the owner/freelance or as an employee (I guess that means the Portrait Mill employees are out!)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. HW

HW Member

thanks for the heads up on this Roger. I have a few shooting buds that I can pass this on to

3. Dan

Dan Member

Hmm.. interestingly vague description of the subject matter. "any park in the United States". I find myself wondering if zoos could be shoehorned into that description, I mean my local one is owned by the local forest preserve district.

Very cool. It'll give me an excuse to check out some local parks and preserves and such I haven't been to. I'm not well equipped for either wildlife or landscape photography, but what the heck.. they don't want much resolution, so I might be able to get away with some heavy cropping or crude panorama stitching.

4. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Interesting, I might have to go to my local parks and try to take some nice pictures. Practice makes perfect, right?