Balloon on Main Street Night time

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort (California)' started by Characterfan, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Characterfan

Characterfan Member

This may be my favorite photo from my entire Disneyland trip. This was my first and possibly last visit to Disneyland.
    [​IMG]
    Taken 1/1/11 around 7pm Pentax K100d Super 50mm f/1.4, ISO 800, 1/45sec shutter Edited using Picasa

Thank you for letting me share

2. RocketTom

RocketTom Member

Hey, I was there that night! Good shooting! (Reflections look like it's in the area around the flag pole?)

I'm hoping that something didn't go wrong and that a non-return is due to other factors...

3. Characterfan

Characterfan Member

it could be I really don't remember, but the flag pole does sound right.

I've visited WDW 25+ times and many times during New Years and while it's been crazy and busy it's been fun and magical. This was both mine and DH's first visit. Disneyland didn't seem able to handle the crowds or rain and then number of rude cast members we encountered really brought down the mood. Maybe we'll come back and visit again in 5-10 years, but we're not sure. We only thought 3 things won at DL (PotC, Nemo, and Indy) My favorite thing while we were there was spending about 30 minutes in The Disneyland Story before DH was ready to leave, and seeing the Tiki Room.

4. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I was thinking this was a cool shot. ; I might have to try this the next time I am in WDW.

5. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

According to some internet sources, TDA wasn't ready for this year's holiday season. ; Coupled with the fact that there are 1 million APs for DL.... ; I can understand your frustration with the park and it's size. ; Disneyland is better in the offseason, which really doesn't exist anymore, but there a few periods that are...sane.

Nice shot!

6. RocketTom

RocketTom Member

Roger: Folks need to keep in mind that while Disney has over 1 million AP'ers (which they assault on you the moment you walk through bag check), that there are some very specific blockout dates. For some of the dates folks complain about was blocked out for all but the Premium passholders.

My daughter said that the majority of the folks in the parks were out-of-towners (judging by accents), but yeah, there were their fair share of Premium AP'ers.

The rain was a different story. If this was last year, (or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that) you may have gotten rained on one day, and then probably not the whole day. They aren't prepared because it was very a-typical. (That's one of the reasons why the queues are not enclosed.) And DL was not the only ones unprepared. Other local 'musement parks had issues, others had to close due to the rain. It will never be the same as a weather-free day. Coupled with the crowds and it's a bad combo.

Characterfan: I've run into rude CM'ers and on one of them we went and complained at City Hall. The majority of the time they are really cool. I really hope that you experienced abnormal behavior - crowds sure do tax the system. And you've seen how small the footprint is for DL. (They bought all the land they could at the time.) Yup, it's "close". I'm really sorry you had such a bad experience.