AP purchase is open for some

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Nancy AK, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

Looks like they have opened the ability to purchase an AP for people who cancelled after park closure and those adding a child,

WDWFigmentGary and mSummers like this.
  2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I’ll be renewing mine, even though normally I’d have waited until October to repurchase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nancy AK likes this.
  3. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

Mine expires April 29th and can renew 60 days before or 30 days after.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  4. We called and applied on MLK day and they called us today to allow us to get the DVC Gold pass. We are back on track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. I have a voucher for a new AP that I will activate in October for Pixelmania. I surrendered my AP this summer and got a an approximately $600 refund.
    I figured I had better get an AP before the price skyrockets and I was still within my window to get a voucher. I'm still pissed that I had to deal with 2 AP price increases in one year awhile back.

As soon as I can, I plan on buying an additional voucher that will good to activate for around 10 years. I'm betting that buying vouchers now will put me at a financial advantage further down the road when renewal prices exceed the cost of the AP voucher that I purchased this year.

I'm also concerned that Disney is going to institute some sort of split park access with seperate tickets that would be for morning hours and night hours.

I'm wondering if I have this AP voucher, purchased under the current rules, it will insulate me from any stupidity that Chapek will institute with manipulating park access.

It's been said that this split ticket option (morning or night tickets) the possible direction for DisneyLAND due to the overcrowding. Disney is in the process of slicing and dicing the AP's available for sale at DisneyLAND.

This Chapek era is going to be a dark one for the parks. I'm wondering what absolute stupidity and manipulation is going to befall the parks under his direction. I sense that the nickel and diming will continue on steroids.

~J

Nancy AK likes this.
  6. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

@Joanie Eddis-Koch what is a 10 year voucher? So you can buy a ticket/voucher and not activate it until you want to? I can renew my AP the end of the month. I’m hoping they don’t go to a split morning/afternoon ticket.

7. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

@Nancy AK In the pre-COVID times, when you bought an AP on-line, they sent you a voucher that you activated at a ticket booth the first time you wanted to use it. The vouchers either didn't have an expiration date or was in the distant future. I believe that's what @Joanie Eddis-Koch is talking about. In the past I have purchase vouchers in the same way that @Joanie Eddis-Koch is planning to do.

The most extreme case that I have personal experience with is a seven-day non-expiring park hopper ticket that I purchased in 2007. I used it for two days and then filed it away, as I started buying APs. In 2019, I planned a visit to WDW on Labor Day week. I had purchased an AP voucher earlier in the year to beat the August price increase, but didn't want to use it until Pixelmania in December. I took the 2007 ticket with me in September and Guest Relations not only added it to my account (it was too old to be able to do that on the WDW web site) but they even honored the non-expiring status, giving it an expiration date that was two or three decades in the future..

Joanie Eddis-Koch and Nancy AK like this.
  8. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

@ddindy. That’s a great deal. I think I can renew mine the end of the month, even though it expires April 29th. First year I got a voucher in the mail, second I had a code and went to DS to the AP store and activated it. Maybe I should buy an extra AP when they allow new AP. Is there a month they usually do a AP increase?

9. Disney usually does not announce price increases in advance, so you never know when the prices are going to be increased. A few years ago they even increased Annual Passes two times in my AP year.

Buy your voucher as soon as you can because a price increase is imminent.

What I am considering doing is purchasing an additional annual pass voucher to hold on to and use when the discount that they give you to renew your annual pass is no longer as good as the price that I paid for that additional banked AP voucher.

I still have to figure out if Disney reserves the right to charge an additional amount to match the current price of an AP pass when I eventually activate it, if I'm using a banked voucher.

If that's the case my financial advantage would be erased.

Nancy AK likes this.
  10. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

@Joanie Eddis-Koch
    Thank you. Yes I plan to renew ASAP, the end of the month will be 60 days before. I will do the same thing when they open up new AP for anyone. Even if you lost the financial advantage, I guess you can look at it as being ‘almost’ paid for. One less thing to shell out a chunk of $$ for.

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  11. mSummers

mSummers Member

My understanding is that the vouchers are good at the original prices until used. I’m sitting on a couple of vouchers as well.

12. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I have one day remaining on a ticket I purchased in 2008... they made it into a Voucher a couple years ago with a 30 year expiration date. But as an AP holder, I’m not sure when I’ll be using it (and it’s non transferable).

13. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

There used to be an annual price increase in August. A few years ago they started doing it in February. I vaguely remember there was one year where the regular tickets were increased in one of those months and the APs went up in the other. Only the bean counters know when the next price gouge will be.

14. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Pass Renewed... DVC Gold Pass... after being on hold for two hours. And park reservations made based on proposed schedule (to be released once finalized).

15. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

Did you have to call to renew your AP? I can renew mine on Sunday, I thought I could just renew it online - easy peasey.

16. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Being DVC, I did have to call to renew. The only option it gave me online and in the app was the $1,000 Platinum Pass (uhh...nope). Technically the DVC Gold Pass is not currently offered (just renewals).

Nancy AK likes this.
  17. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

Just renewed my AP. I have a question, do I just use the AP card I already have or is there a new one issued? In the past I always bought a new AP. Thank you

18. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

They should give you a new one with the current dates. I think they give that to you at the Will Call Window when you activate your voucher.

Nancy AK likes this.
  19. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

@RedOctober25 they mail a voucher to me? First time I had a voucher, then last year I think I just went to DS AP site and gave them the confirmation number I had. Wasn’t sure with a renewal. Thanks for the information.