Anyone interested in building a droid?

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by ddindy, Oct 5, 2019.

1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Is anyone interested in building a droid? I visited the Droid Depot during my recent stay in Batuu and, upon seeing some of the extra-cost accessories, decided on my next visit I needed to build my own R2 unit.
    If anyone else is interested, it looks like reservations are fairly easy to come by. Let's pick a day either right before or right after Pixelmania and go as a group.

Nancy AK likes this.
  2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I am going to pass on this one, I already got the $200 flashlight last Sunday, which was totally worth the experience as a huge fan of Star Wars.

3. ddindy

I thought about doing that, but December is completely booked up. Plus, you can't get a cocktail server accessory kit for a lightsaber.

jbwolffiv likes this.
  4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I’m already scheduled to build my lightsaber on Black Friday. So I’m not sure I can swing the droid experience. However, if you need someone to cheer you on from the peanut gallery, I’d be happy to be your +1 for your build (I think they allow the builder and one extra person... but not sure if that only applies to kids).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. ddindy

If anyone's still interested in this, Dec. 4 has no reservations available. All other dates appear open.

6. ddindy

@RedOctober25 I've already made a reservation for 1 on Wednesday, Dec. 11. I'm thinking about changing it to earlier in that week (possibly Monday), which requires canceling and making a new one, so I can add you then. When is a good day and time for you? All days during my stay from Dec. 3-14 have availability except Dec. 4, and I don't really want to schedule it during the four Pixelmania park days.

7. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Other than the PixelMania stuff, the only dates I have something planned is on Monday (fishing) and Tuesday (Oga’s)... and the Oga’s is for 4pm and a party of 2, if you wanted to pre-game or post-game the build. But I’m open, so whatever works for you.

Edit: I fly home Thursday (12th) morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. ddindy

@jbwolffiv There's a question for you in the conversation regarding this.

jbwolffiv likes this.
  9. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Spoke with @RedOctober25 via text today, so I may be joining you at Oga's (for my second time that day!)

10. ddindy

Nothing wrong with that (says the guy who was there four times in two days).

11. ddindy

For those of you who are interested in building a Light Saber, it looks like reservations are now available in December. Book now!

jbwolffiv likes this.
  12. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

As a huge fan of Star Wars, this experience was fantastic. The cost is WAY up there at $200, but I really enjoyed it! My 18 year old daughter was very impressed with the whole thing. That being said, I am not ready to drop another $200 gift card from a student on this. Now going to Oga's, thats my speed now!