Anyone going to DisneyLand in May?

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Sean&Karen, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

I am thinking about taking Karen to Disneyland in May since we are only about 2 hours away by Air.

I am wondering if anyone else is planning on going? We have never been and this is mostly going to be a research trip...

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

research?

3. gary

gary Member

why yes, myself and one of the karen's will be staying 5/25-5/27 at the grand californian, post cruise, arriving in the city of angels via the ship of magic

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I WISH I was going.

5. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

@Roger: Yes for my web site.

@Gary: Ohhh that's a good idea. Cruise :)

@Tim: Well why don't you come out for a trip :) Wasn't Nathan going to make a trip out?

6. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

That's a nice web site you guys have.

7. Roger

May should be a good time to go. Crowds should be *relatively* light, since the local kids will be in school - it shouldn't be a year-round school break time.

And it's not "summer" and not "spring break". But the park will close early on evenings for Grad Nite(s), and many attractions, lands will not be operating all day. Fantasmic!â„¢ may only be playing on the weekends.

But DCAâ„¢ will be a ghost town during the day. That's for sure. And I doubt the The Parade formerly known as MSEP will be playing since it's the "offseason". I heard the new parade for DCA should be starting by then, since Disney's Hollywood Studiosâ„¢ will be getting the Disney-Pixar's Block Party Bashâ„¢ experience.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  8. Roger

Monorail Maroon (Red) FAIL

http://mb.laughingplace.com/MsgBoard-T-93601-P-1.asp

Apparently a new monorail on an almost 50 year old track, designed for an almost 50 year old technology monorail, just isn't going well together.

DL is down to one functioning monorail.

So in May, there will be...one functioning monorail.

9. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

@Craig: Thank you very much... it's an ongoing project. We will be releasing DVC info in the next day or two..

@Roger: Were you the gentleman that we talked to in the Boardwalk after mini golf?

10. Roger

No, sorry, I wasn't at Mousefest. Come to think of it, I've never stepped foot on the Boardwalk (FL), and come this May, it will have been 10 years since I last was at the Fantasia mini-golf.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014