and so it begins...

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Brother Jay, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Remote shutter - I've used the Sony app only. ; Haven't heard of any other 3rd party options that work with this generation.

For the last thing, I think you can get the sandwich at Trails End for lunch.

2. Brother Jay

Brother Jay Member

For the in camera shutter app, can the preview screen move be turned off ?

3. Roger

You mean the screen on the camera? ; Or on the phone?

If you want to have a remote shutter without using your phone i think the only option right now is an IR remote.[nb]Yeah Sony came out with a new remote in the latest generation but so far its not compatible with the 5R and 6.[/nb] ; There are some cheap ones out there.

4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Art of Animation and I believe Port Orleans Riverside both have Pulled Pork Sandwiches. ; Would maybe think that Flame Tree BBQ might have one too.

Sent from my iPhone...

5. Brother Jay

Brother Jay Member

Red, where did you get those sig types that you use? ; Been looking around but those are the ones I want to use but cannot locate where I set it up. ; Can ya point me in the correct direction?

*Think* I have my days planned out

Sat Sept 28th - Animal Kingdom - Open from 9am -> 6pm
    Sun Sept 29th - Hollywood Studios - Open 9am -> 8pm ; (Extra Magic 8pm -> 10pm)
    Mon Sept 30th - Animal Kingdom - Open 9am -> 5pm ; (Extra Magic 8am -> 9am)
    Tues Oct 1st - Epoct - Open 9am -> 9pm ; (Extra Magic 8am -> 9am) ; (My Birthday + Epcot's Birthday)
    Wed Oct 2nd - Epcot - Open 9am -> 9pm ; (Extra Magic 9pm -> 11pm)
    Thurs Oct 3rd - Magic Kingdom - Open 9am -> 7pm ; (Extra Magic 8am -> 9am)
    Friday Oct 4th - Magic Kingdom - Open 9am -> 7pm

Not much I could really do about some of the days in parks landing on weekends. ; Extra magic should be handy on the other days. ;

6. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Pulled pork is available all over WDW, though I usually get it at Flame Tree BBQ. ; Dining menus are available at many sites, including AllEars, Touringplans, the DIS and WDW Magic.

7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I highly recommend Flame Tree! ; For us it is a must each trip!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Brother Jay

Brother Jay Member

MMMMMMmmmmmmmmm... mouth getting wet thinking about it. ; Now, is that one of those "I must book 4000 days in advance" places? ; Or is that a restaurant where mortal man can just go in and order ?

9. ddindy

Flame Tree is counter service. ; Just walk up and take away. ; Be sure to go back into the seating area of a great view of Expedition Everest.

10. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Go to...

http://www.mickeypath.com/

And just follow the prompts to create your badge. ; Then just copy and paste the code onto your signature code on your profile page.

11. ddindy

The Disney Food Blog just posted an article on resort pizza delivery that you might be interested in.

12. Brother Jay

Brother Jay Member

You guys are great! ; I can't wait to put all this to work.

NEX-5r or 6 user question. ; I have stumbled upon a few articles that say on either of these cameras, regardless of what you have the camera set to; if you take a photo with the remote shutter software for your phone or pad, the camera will take a JPG is ALL cases. ; Can anyone confirm this as true or false ?

Also, for those camera users who are using this remote app. ; If you turn off the review screen on your phone does it decrease the apparent lag from click to picture taken? ; Also, have you found this shutter remote lag to be a pain to work with/around ?

13. Roger

That is correct, no RAW with that app. However you can't turn off the screen but turning off review does speed it up a lot. It seemed slow previously but I think that is because if you have AF on it refocuses for each shot.

14. Brother Jay

Brother Jay Member

Came very close to buying the 5r the other day but because the store had closed by the time I arrived I have had more time to think about it objectively. ; Gonna "buy" a 5r from Bestbuy once Canada's Wonderland opens up so I can take it for a free 2 week test drive. ; This will at least see what the performance is like with the kit lens in different lighting conditions prior to any type of commitment. ; I will be returning it for sure because I am not sure the 5r is the camera I do want now. ;

After finding out about Leica lenses being hacked to work with AF on the NEX's (http://www.popphoto.com/gear/2013/03/leica-lenses-hacked-to-autofocus-sony-nex-camera) there may be many new lens related options for me to consider in the not too distant future. ; As this is also going to be my long term camera I am also considering the 6 now instead of the 5r as it could more easily allow for my photography skills to grow beyond what I have been able to do with the G12. ; Having a viewfinder and the option of a flash at the same time could prove very useful down the road, and just having a viewfinder to start with will open up many options for me.

The focus peaking ability is also getting me a lot more interested in manual focus as well since I hate when the wrong thing ends up being in focus.

15. Roger

There are a lot more AF adapters available; its just that the manufacturers had to reverse engineer the other mount. ; E Mount is an open mount. ; Its just easier and cheaper to make the adapters for MF lenses.

16. Brother Jay

Brother Jay Member

Another question pertaining to the 6. :)

When using the burst modes, does the user have the ability to control the length of the exposure for these shots? I know it would obviously have a direct impact on the speed of the shooting but I was curious nevertheless. ;

17. Roger

Which burst mode are you referring to? The one where the camera shoots a specified number of shots or the continuous mode?

18. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

In general, the 'burst' modes are a drive-mode or frame-rate selection, and so can be used in any of the P, A, S, or M modes, and that means you can choose or control the shutter speed. ; There is another superfast burst mode that is accesssed through the scene modes, and in that mode you wouldn't be able to manually choose your shutter speed, but the shutter speed is set by the camera based on the scene being metered, so by manipulating the camera's metering you can force under- or over-exposure, therefore manipulating the shutter speed.

19. Brother Jay

Brother Jay Member

I guess this is where my limited Camera vocab comes into play :). ; In particular I was thinking continuous shooting, specifically for learning how to do pan shots. ; Per pan I just want to get as many chances at getting it right but am used to my Canon G12 with a 1.1 continuous mode (nonexistent).

Thanks for the tip zackiedawg, I will give that a try once I finally get my hands on the Camera. ; Which may very well be after work tonight :D.

20. Brother Jay

Brother Jay Member

My fireworks dilemma - Do I use my Canon G12 since it has a built in ND filter and a wired shutter release for better timing, and it has a faster lens (and unlike the NEX 6 it will shoot raw via remote); or use the NEX 6 (only have kits lenses currently) without any of the above perks? ; I would love to have all the things for my NEX that I have for the Canon but I just don't know if I can afford all of that prior to my trip. ;

So the question really is, do you think in this case the G12 will outperform the NEX 6 without an ND filter, fast shutter, and a prime?