2nd Hardest Shot in MK

Discussion in 'The Magic Kingdom Photos' started by Jeff Fillmore, May 5, 2008.

1. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Thanks Tim- I got about 6 of them coming around the bend- I need to learn how to do an animated GIF.

2. Kiki

Kiki Member

Impressive considering the conditions. Make that impressive under any conditions. Nice job!

3. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great shot Jeff, these newer camera's seem to be making it easier to catch some of these once impossible shots! I like this one a lot, nice job

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  4. firemanx

firemanx Member

awsome shots guys. Absolutely amazing what some of you can do with cameras.

5. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Great shots!! So, if these are the second hardest shots, what is the hardest?

6. mSummers

mSummers Member

The caretaker at HM

7. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

part of the reason he is so hard to get a photo of (beside the darkness) is the fact that your doombuggy makes a hard left turn while going backward so you have very limited time to fire away. this was about as good as i could do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Here is my 'best' of him...

[​IMG]

9. Tim

beer goggles?

10. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

Joe ("Express Monorail" on Flickr--he posts here, I think) just got an amazing shot of the caretaker. You should check it out.

I disagree about that shot being more difficult, for the simple reason that if you ride enough times, your doombuggy will inevitably stop at that location, making a shot relatively "easy". I have never been on PotC when it has stopped by the helmsman. Without banking on the ride stopping, then yeah, I agree that the caretaker is more difficult... In any case, GREAT shot. I'm not even going to bother until I get a camera capable of 6400 ISO or better.

11. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

I saw his on Flickr, that seems to be DL's HM, which, for some reason (Holiday) is brighter than MK's for the caretaker.

12. JoePenniston

JoePenniston Member

Yeah, I got both these pretty well, but like Roger said - I think they're easier out there for some reason...

(click the pictures to view them larger)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

P.S. Thanks for the props, Tom ;)

13. Tim

here is my latest attempt at the WDW Haunted Mansion Caretaker:
    [attachment=1]

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

14. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Joe,

I don't know how I missed this, but WOW!

I looked at the EXIF and noticed you are shooting a Nikon D300 and I just got one myself so that makes me feel better about what I can get out of it. But what lens were you using. It shows you were at 30mm and f/1.4. So the f-stop indicates the lens has some speed to it

15. Tim

i agree with roger that DL's caretaker has better lighting to him than WDW. i have had better luck in DL overall, come to think of it.

16. Roger

I'm not sure [HOLIDAY] why that is. Perhaps [Cal-OSHA] it's because of the constant sunshine [Exit illumination] in SoCal? Or maybe [to stop guests from using it as an interment location] it's because the rides closer to John get more attention?

17. JoePenniston

JoePenniston Member

Thanks Grumpwurst... Sigma 30mm f/1.4. After returning from WDW here recently I would say it is definite that the DL version of both of the shots I posted are in fact lit better.

18. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

I failed miserably at both in January. My camera is capable of the ISO, but I need a faster lens. :(

19. Roger

Cal-OSHA approves of this message.

20. WDWmemories

WDWmemories Member

Good shot Roger - I like the silhouette effect.