2011 Disney World Marathon Weekend

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by realfam, Jun 8, 2010.

1. realfam

realfam Member

Just got home last night, drove through a major snow storm coming home from Buffalo airport. ; ; As for the marathon weekend, ; all I can say is WOW! ; What an amazing event! ; A must do in my books......... for me. ; I ran the half-marathon on the saturday morning. ; My race plan was to enjoy the race, stop and get my picture taken with characters and attractions. ; (hard for me to stop since I'm incredibly competitive). ; My race time was 2hours 4mins and I made 7 stops to get my picture taken (many of the characters had lines), so I was very very pleased with my performance and my placement out of the 28,000 runners was just over 4000.
    I will try in post some pics once I get my life in order again.
    Believe or not, ; we leave a week friday to head back to WDW with family....crazy, crazy, crazy

Hope everyone that participated had as good of time as I did and achieved the goals they set out for themselves. ;

2. realfam

realfam Member

Re: 2011 Disney World Marathon Weekend (pics added!)

I'm finally getting myself organized and I'm sure at some point I promised some pictures
    [​IMG]
    Sports Complex where they had the Health Expo

[​IMG]
    Health Expo

[​IMG]
    Mickey and the gang starting the race.

[​IMG]
    The start with lots of fireworks and flames

[​IMG]
    Passing thru the MK parking cashiers

[​IMG]
    Tons of people out to chear on the runners

[​IMG]
    The castle running up Main St. USA (hard take pics while your running)

[​IMG]
    Met some chics along the route

3. realfam

realfam Member

More pictures!

[​IMG]
    Drink station

[​IMG]
    Mile markers

[​IMG]
    Epcot balloon

[​IMG]