Nature's Fireworks show beat Disney's!

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by zackiedawg, Jun 19, 2023.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I was sharing the SpaceX launch photo taken from my balcony at Boulder Ridge DVC - but earlier on that very same night, nature put on a lovely fireworks show to the east over the lake. From my 5th floor balcony, I could see the tops of Magic Kingdom's fireworks, but the big supercell thunderstorm drifting to the east was putting on a brilliant lightning display, and I set up the tripod on the balcony to watch and shoot it. They are some of the best lightning photos I've ever been able to catch - having the high 5th floor perch was the key:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jbwolffiv likes this.
  2. gary

gary Member

oh that is nice

3. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Excellent. Should we add a lightning meet to the Pixelmania schedule? Date and time to be determined, of course,

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Funny how many times I've been around lighting - here in S Florida I rarely ever have open views to the horizon to catch it - if I am in such a spot, I'm usually more worried about running and hiding than taking photos. And at Disney, I never seem to have a room with a view towards the lighting - until now!

Thanks Gary and Dennis. I'd definitely be up for a lightning Pixelmania shoot - though can't recall too many opportunities during past Pixelmanias.