You may have noticed...

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by Scottwdw, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I have been scarce around her lately. My parents are elderly and are no homebound much to their dislike. At 88 and 90 with health problems, it is just not safe for them and the public for them to drive. So, it is up to me and my wife to get them to stores, doctors, family events and other appointments. As you can image, it takes up a lot of our time each week.

IF you have parents who are going into their late 60's or in their 70's, I urge you to set down with them about their future. Then find a lawyer who knows about such things and get their finances in order so every knows what will happen and keeps their assets in the family's control. Otherwise, everything goes to the government if they suddenly need to go to elderly housing because of health issues.

Anyway, with my daughter's wedding coming up in October, I will try and keep up with Pixelmania stuff as much as possible. Please, someone give me a heads up on when FP+ need to be done.

Will try and check in more often.

2. The FP+ window opens for the Pixelmania dates at 12:01 am THIS Saturday, which means that late friday night you have to get busy starting with the MK and the 7 dwarfs mine train FP+ (It is most elusive unless you are snatching it on opening day of your reservations and during those early morning hours to get the time you want.

Here is a link to the thread where we are discussing things. http://wdw360.com/threads/pixelmania-2014-fastpass.13626/#post-113434

I hope things will go better with your parents and great with your daughters wedding Scott! : ))

~Joanie

3. mSummers

mSummers Member

Scott, sorry to hear your parents are having health issues. That isn't easy for anyone involved. I hope your daughter's wedding goes beautifully! See you at Pixelmania!

4. ELinder

ELinder Member

Just make sure you and your wife take time for yourselves too. That kind of care is a marathon, and it's all too easy to burn yourself out trying to do everything. Good luck with the wedding!

Erich

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Scott, sorry to hear about your parents. I second Erich's suggestion. Good luck with the wedding.

6. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Scott, I'm right there with you. My parents are 80 and 88; dad can't drive any more but fortunately mother can. But I still have to go over and help out a lot more than I have time to.

7. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Thank you all for your support! It was another nutty weekend with them. As I mentioned to Dave yesterday it's like having teenagers again but they got money. Anyway, will see some of you in October!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014