You knew it was inevitable...I'm back Jan 28-Feb1

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by zackiedawg, Jan 6, 2010.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Next trip to Disney is official - I booked a 1-bedroom villa at Boardwalk, preferred view, checking in January 28 and checking out Feb 1. ; This is the official 'family' trip I take each year, with my mother and my friend Jennifer coming along with me, and meeting my Aunt and 2 cousins who live in the area. ; Hoping for some pleasant cool weather, so we can enjoy walking around without the sweats, and I can take some time with some tripod work...and hopefully it will again turn out to be a fairly quiet time of year in the parks.

If anyone else is up there during the same time, give me a shout out and maybe we can plan to bump into eachother.

2. Stitch

Stitch Member

Re: You knew it was inevitable...I'm back Jan 28-F

I live in Tampa and I'm always looking for an excuse to go to the parks to meet people! I'm free the 30th and the 31st.

3. zackiedawg

Excellent. ; I'm going to have some time with family, and some without...I always like to split up my time during family trips so I have some afternoons or evenings to go off on my own and play around with photography.

If you decide to head over to Disney on those days, let me know - send me a PM with your cell or I can give you mine. ; I'm also bringing my netbook along, and DVC gives me free internet, so I'll be able to pop onto TMIP also on Thu and Fri to coordinate, if you want to pick a spot to meet up and do some photography for a few hours at one of the parks.

4. Stitch

Stitch Member

Sounds like I plan! I'll find out Saturday what day I'll be coming and I'll let you know. This will be fun! I seriously need to get some more letters for a game I run over on my site so a photo day is just the ticket!

5. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Have fun!

6. zackiedawg

Good idea...I could stock up on some letters and numbers for the derivatives threads here too!

7. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Lucky dog! ; I wish I could go again that soon! ; Have fun, and I can't wait to see what you get on this trip!

8. zackiedawg

Thanks...I'll definitely be looking forward to a slightly different vibe...hopefully a quieter park, during some off-season winter time. ; I'm avoiding MLK weekend, and it's usually the quietest time of year there (though lately there really isn't any dead time at Disney anymore...just crowded and less crowded!).

9. Stitch

Stitch Member

Saturday Jan 30. Anytime after 10am. You can pick the park, the time and the meet location based on what works for you.

10. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

have fun!
    hopefully you'll have some nice "normal" winter weather. :)

11. zackiedawg

Haven't been liking that cold stuff, huh Craig? ; Did you get snow flurries on your side this past weekend? ; It's been nutty...but i personally have enjoyed it. ; Might as well - we only get it a few weeks out of the year, then it's back to hot hot hot.

Stitch, sounds good! ; I haven't yet figured out which park on which day yet, but as I get closer, I'll pick a park and a place, and let you know!

12. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

I am freaking miserable!
    no snow here,just frost on the cars. I have one of those back ache heat patches under one of my shirts today. I have been wearing two shirts and two jackets all day since Saturday at work, and cant get warm. we dont have heat in the building.

13. Stitch

Stitch Member

This is my first Florida winter... please tell me this isn't normal! I moved here from CT and if I wanted freezing temps I'd move back!

14. zackiedawg

This is VEEEERRRRRRY unusual! ; In fact, it's the first time I can remember anything like it, since 1974. ; Not that we haven't had colder days, or nights, on occasion...but for the cold to have come in and stayed in, and for even the high temps to be so low for so long, this has to have been a record cold spell for Florida.

At most, you'll typically see 2-4 days each year that flirt with freezing (low-30s) in the Tampa area...maybe another 2 weeks or so total that has nights in the 40's, and days in the upper 50s. ; That's for the whole winter. ; Not much more than that, usually. ; Certainly, not 2 consecutive weeks at or below freezing!!

15. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

FWIW, it feels like it's 1975 again, as some UN climate scientists are now jumping on the 30 year mini-ice age bandwagon....so this might be something that will occur again and again...and again.

16. Stitch

Stitch Member

I promise I didn't not pack the cold and move it with me when I moved from CT. I will take credit for the lack of hurricanes this summer. ;)

17. zackiedawg

If you're the reason we had no hurricanes...then DON'T MOVE! ; Had enough of those things to last a lifetime or two.

18. Paul

Paul Member

I wonder if Disney is prepared for Snow Removal at the Parks? ; ;D

19. zackiedawg

I think if I found out it was going to be snowing in Disney, I'd drive up immediately that day...even if I had to skip work!

As for this trip - less than a week now! ; Just 4 more days and I'll be headed up again - Boardwalk here I come.

I've gone ahead and contracted a cold on Friday - been way under the weather the past 3 days. ; Figured I'd catch it now, and get rid of it before I go to Disney...rather than risk catching it up there. ; See...I'm smart like that.

Pass the tissues.

20. Stitch

Stitch Member

Justin have you figured out your touring plan yet? I'm worried about the weather for Saturday... they've been saying thunderstorms all week. Of course the day I was planning on going is the ONLY day they are calling for rain. lol

I hope you are feeling better!