You asked for it, you got it! Spaceship Earth without the wand

Discussion in 'Epcot Photos' started by Tim, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

The crowd roared with appreciation at Tim's latest 8x10...
    Here she is, ladies and germs, Epcot's Spaceship Earth returned to her original beauty. I will admit, I still miss the wand and glove, but I am beginning a convert. I am not a purist by any stretch, but being in Epcot on 10/1/2007 and hearing the old classic music and seeing the old Future World Icons kind of has an effect on someone. Stay turned for full coverage of the 25th Anniversary and The Epcot Thing very soon.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. JeremyES

JeremyES Member

Awesome. Wish I was there...

3. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Beautiful picture as always Tim. Thanks for posting it. I can't wait to hear more.

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

whoa whoa whoa

Tim can you post a 100% crop of the bottom?

The monoliths fit in very well in that shot. Did they move some of them?

Very nice!!!!!!!!!

5. Valerie

Valerie Member

Wonderful Picture as always Tim. I'll be back in the World in 10 days, and your site has me so excited to be going back. I can't wait to hear all about the 25th, and wish I could have been there.

6. Tim

the leave a legacy columns have not been moved. this was taken from in front of the "planter" than runs down the middle of the entry way because they had a huge ratatooie display for food and wine right in the middle and a wide angle shot from the back was impossible at that time. in november i will re-do this shot from the back to get some more columns in the foreground.

7. Roger

Okay, what is at the base of SE in the center?

8. Tim

that would be the same mirrored column that has always been there. it's in front of the entrance to the attraction itself. there is a door in the column opposite the attraction entrance. not sure what it is for.

9. Roger

it looks like the acrylic sculpture of old.

10. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

I though the same thing. I looked at my own pictures today to see if it was there. I thought maybe they added a new sculpture just for the event. Its funny that I never noticed that before today.

11. dawholagn

dawholagn Member

Woooohooooo! So nice to see this again! 8)