World Tour 2010

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by prettypixie, Dec 27, 2009.

1. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Big family trip to Disney World in April 2010. Probably week of 18-23. Is this a good time to go? Any advice?

I'm taking my husband, two kids and our parents.

2. BorisMD

BorisMD Member

Awesome time to go! ; Usually nice and warm during the day (maybe even too warm), and cooler at night.

You should check and see if they are doing the Star Wars Weekends yet, although it's probably a little early for that.

Enjoy!

Boris

3. Stitch

Stitch Member

Star Wars Weekends is the end of May, beginning of June. You are after the Easter break, so your crowds shouldn't be as bad if you went a week or two earlier.

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

STAY. ; AWAY. ; FROM. ; EASTER.

(not sure when it is in 2010, haven't looked yet)

5. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Easter is the first weekend in April. ; The crowd calendar at touringplans.com shows mostly 7s for April 18-23.

6. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Thanks guys - just booked Coronado Springs April 17 - 23. Can't wait!

7. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Sounds great! ; Have fun and post lots of photo's when you get back.

8. Tim

we are looking at march, august, november, december.
    disneyland in july. ; wallet is already cowering in fear.

9. mSummers

mSummers Member

Yeah... I was there over Easter a couple of year ago and it was really crowded during the day. ; But, having extra magic hours until 3am was a lot of fun.

Have fun!

10. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

How do you find out about EMH during your stay?

11. Tim

you can check the park hours at disneyworld.com or you can also get a pamphlet at the front desk of your resort which will have the EMH's listed.

12. Ive heard Easter is one of the worst. Probably like today. Theyre in Phase 3 @ MK - which apparently means only WDW resort guests (which is still a HUGE amount of people if you ask me) and Passholders. And all guests must enter by Disney Transportation.

13. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

OK...I've never done EMH before. Obviously if they are in the morning, you get in early, but what about at night? Does this just mean everyone already in the parks also gets to stay that late or just those at Disney hotels can get back in?

14. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

In the evening you will need your room card to get in to the park and to do any attractions. ; For the folks already in there (without a card) they don't really chase you out anymore (like they do with things like mvmcp) you can still shop- take pictures- etc- just no rides or shows. ; Just be sure to have a hotel card for everyone in the group including the kids. ; They gave us a real hard time at AK once because we left our kids cards at the hotel (3yo and 6yo at the time) not thinking they needed them.

15. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Thanks, I doubt I'll want to be there very late after dragging around a three-year-old and a one-year-old all day, but I was curious how it worked. I appreciate the info!

16. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Ten more weeks!

17. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I know how you feel... ; It's only 2 weeks for me and I think that I have stopped thinking about work and only about my upcoming vacation. ; You are going to have a blast.

18. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Aaagh...four more weeks til the trip! Both kids and hubby are sick with a cold and Bronchitis. I REFUSE to get sick or let anything ruin this trip!

19. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Well, you've got 4 weeks.

But those 4 weeks will be pollen city....and then the bluebonnets will be out, etc. etc.

20. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Well, why don't you just rain on my parade? ; ; :p ;D