Who's going or has gone to Magicmeet?

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by ColleenMarie, Nov 22, 2008.

1. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

I am a bit sad that I can't make it to Mousefest and am already working on next year's Magicmeet with Fred Block to get my Disney fix. Are any of you or have any of you gone to the Pennsylvania Magicmeet?

It's a great way to gather with folks on the Disney forums and is whole reason I already know Tim and Grumpwurst and some of the other characters that visit and post here.

If you are not aware of Magicmeet check otu the website!

Magicmeets.com tells you the when, where and why of the meet.

As I said, I volunteer for this event and can answer most any question y'all have regarding it. I'd love to meet summore of you if you can make it this August to Harrisburg :)

2. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

MagicMeets is probably the only way I get to visit Tim at his home in NJ. We are hoping to be able to do it again in 2009.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

Wow Ray! I hadn't even realized til now how far you travel to get there!

I always presumed you two were neighbors or something cause you two are such close friends.

4. Grumpwurst

Nope, Tim and I are nowhere even close to being neighbors...haha

At least Disney allows us to hang out every now and again

5. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

Seriously...if you all enjoyed Mousefest and meeting authors, web folks like Allears and WDWRadio and live in the great northeast...you should TOTALLY consider coming to Magicmeet this summer.

It's Mousefest, only closer~

I know Tim and Ray and families will be there. I am one of the organizers and have attended the last five years. I've met the authors of DWTrivia, Passporter, Hidden Mickeys, all of the folks working on Celebrations Magazine, and more...

I would love to meet more of you~

Register at Magicmeets.com if you want email updates and check the website for pictures and lists of attendees from last year. The event holds more than 500 people but sells out quick! I can post a reminder here when registration is about to happen if anyone is interested~

6. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

yes, please do. i fully plan on being there along with the family...

7. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

Is it true that there will be three with you this year?

8. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

I was thinking...

famous first words...

Since you are a sponsor of the Magicmeet, I'd like you and Fred and I to talk over a proposition of using TMIP Photography 101 as a platform for getting not only a good set of pics but also teach some of those who like to learn from you???

We had over 6000 photos from this year's meet and honestly, one person to go thru them all. Our editor has published maybe 150 of those 6000. My thought train says you may be able to help guide a better edit of what gets shot in 2009.

I was on National Geographic's photo page and they have a class that teaches photogs to do a shoot taking a couple hundred photos and narrow their pics down to about 20. The 20 photos should encompass the whole story. I know, 20 is a bit low for a weekend event...my point is to only throw this idea at you and see if something useful for you and Magicmeets can come out of it~

??? Maybe ???

9. Grumpwurst

Colleen,

That sounds like an awesome proposition. I know Tim and I have talked about how awesome it would be to be able to have some kind of photography breakout session at MagicMeets. Maybe we can make 2009 the year for that. There were definitely enough cameras there to form a paparazzi pool. I know I'm better equipped to take pictures of the events this year.

I didn't know you were one of the organizers. That is awesome. MagicMeets is an exercise of organized precision. Since it's only a few hours long in comparison to MouseFest, Fred and his team of volunteers really need to keep things moving like clockwork. I was impressed with my first showing last year.

Nancy and I will be there if we can get tickets within the few hours it'll take before it sells out. Last year it sold out in under 48 hours when it took 10 days the year before that. I'm predicting it selling out in 24 hours or under this year.

So, any kind of warning we can get will always be helpful for those of us TMIPers that like to attend such a fun and exciting event

10. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

I post on a few forums and will absolutely get the message out on all of them when it's time~

(Besides here I am on the DIS, DWTrivia, Facebook and Myspace.)

As I tell everyone,

I am the person standing behind Fred keeping his head from spinning off of his shoulders :D

I've helped organize the staff for the last four years and am stepping up to help with the sponsors, advertisers and graphic designers for 2009's meet.

The quilt your wife made last year was a HUGE hit!

How is that new D300 working out for ya btw?

11. Grumpwurst

Colleen,

Even more I didn't know about you. You are really taking on a lot of responsibility with MagicMeets. I'm sure it's a great learning experience.

I'll pass on the compliment about Nancy's quilt. She really hasn't heard much in regards to feedback about the quilt other than from a few DWTers (Lori, Tracy, Pat, Lou, and Deanna). So, she'll be glad to know it was viewed as a hit (It did raise the most money..haha)

The D300 is slowly becoming a part of me like my D80 was. I finally learned how to spot meter with it at MouseFest thanks to Tim, Gary, and Scott!

12. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I am really excited about the mega mouse meet. I think that my family and I will also be attending. Mostly because I want to go, and it is my and someone elses anniversary weekends. Plus I have offered my assistance to a certain individual with his stuff. I can't wait to meet everyone.

13. Tim

and who might those someones be?

14. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

hmmm, let me see I think that someone is our fearless leader and his lovely wife.

15. Paul

Paul Member

My family and I tried going last year, but we missed the ticket buying window. I was on a business trip and did not get the email on time. We'll see about this year.

16. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

;) I got an in with the boss...

We tend to give a little bit of a head's up before the system goes live.

As soon as I know about registration, TMIP will too :)

17. gary

gary Member

i was tim's main shill in 07, would have been in 08, but unfortunately had a death in the family 3 days before magicmeet, i plan on being there this year to help tim again, should be good to go as everyone left has straight to the burn barrel pre-arrangements

18. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

:eek:

I am sorry to hear of your loss...

and have no idea what to say to your burn barrell thing.

19. Tim

just don't....

20. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

I'm not... ???