Which park do you visit first during a visit?

Discussion in 'Disney Theme Park Discussion' started by Sheila Gallant-Halloran, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Hi there gang,

For my family, we're not at Disney until and unless we're at Magic Kingdom - so, we always head there first. ; We tend to park hop to the other parks, but usually try to come back to MK at some point during the day or night.

I know others like to "save" MK, go to say AK or Epcot first - then do MK.

What does your family do on vacation?

Best,
    Sheila

2. scratch

scratch Member

It's usually Epcot for us! ; We head to France for a Creme Brulee and a piece of Chocolate Cake! ; And if it's late enough in the day, a Grand Marnier Slushie!

3. realfam

realfam Member

We try to start our visit at the Magic Kingdom as well. ; Nothing like seeing that castle to remind you where you are.....
    we also try to end our vacation there (depending on our passes)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

MK all the way!

5. highland3

highland3 Member

MK for us too!!!!

If we get in late in the day, we may spend the evening at DTD... but then it's the MK rope drop first thing the next morning!!!! ;

6. amw

amw Member

Depends on how much sensory overload I want! ; ;D

7. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

For me it depends on my touring plans I have no real preference as to which park I start at or end a trip at. This past trip I started at the Studios because I had a half day my first trip and that was the only night fantasmic was on.

8. mini-canadian

mini-canadian Member

If I am with DH, we alway head to Typhoon Lagoon and then for a nice dinner in Epcot with Illuminations. ; If I am with someone that has never been to WDW....then for sure Magic Kingdom first!

9. CoryTheRaven

CoryTheRaven Member

My trips are almost entirely Disneyland... I manage to fit a bit of California Adventure in there somewhere ^_~

10. cory - did you read some of the news articles about how Disneyland isn't being hit with the recession as hard as WDW - articles claim there's never been a better time to go to WDW for the specials. ; Might be worth checking it out... :)

11. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

on our trip, we ended up at epcot first, just because of timing.....by the time we unpacked and unwound from travelling, it was almost dinner....so we headed over to france......

12. CoryTheRaven

CoryTheRaven Member

I hadn't heard that actually... but with a trip to Japan coming up in November and the hopes of going to Germany or Italy within two more years, I still can't justify it... It's just that WDW is so unappealling without a 20,000 Leagues or Adventurer's Club. It would be cool to stay in the Wilderness Lodge, but in that event I can spend less money and stay in a real one in Glacier (Montana), Yellowstone or Yosemite ^_~

13. interesting. ; There are some great specials on right now - there's never been a better time to travel, period - to anywhere. ; Let me know if I can help you with anything :)

Isn't it funny how we all have our tried-and-true preferences for Disney - our hard won likes and dislikes? ; I feel about WDW the way you feel about DL. ; Different strokes...

14. CoryTheRaven

CoryTheRaven Member

Oh, for sure. It's never a personal judgement or anything... As I discovered when I went to Disneyland Paris, we always have "my Disney". For me, DLP was a very good version of Disneyland, but not Disneyland itself ^_^

The original is my Disney because it was both the first and my first, so it has both history and sentiment. The other ones I feel need some unique kick to be appealing. For DLP it was the Nautilus, the castle, Space Mountain and Phantom Manor. For Tokyo Disney, we're actually just planning on Disneysea primarily because of the 20,000 Leagues-themed land. If we are done with Disneysea early enough to make it worthwhile, we might pop over to Tokyo Disneyland in the evening just to say we went. There isn't a whole lot that's uniquely interesting about Tokyo Disneyland after they shut down the castle tour. WDW is just above Hong Kong because while it has some second-tier things that I would be interested in if I was alread there (Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom, mini-Canada in World Showcase), they shut down everything that would interest me enough to make a deliberate trip. I'd sooner make return trips to my top-3 and their surrounding environs of LA, Paris and Tokyo *shrugs*

15. interesting perspective! ;

16. Kathy

Kathy Member

I'm a believer in Tourguide Mike. So whatever he recommends as a Green park for the day.

17. We usually start with MK, only because we arrive on Saturday night and go to MK on Sunday. KM has long magic hours on Sundays until 1am! Not to mention our DD is sooooo excited to visit Cinderellas castle!