Where could this "window" be?

Discussion in 'Where Am I?' started by jbwolffiv, Apr 2, 2012.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

OK, I know that most of my WAI's have been very easy, something tells me that this one is also, but have a go at it.

Attached Files:

• WAI.jpg
      WAI.jpg
      File size:
      460.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

I would guess
    Morroco in Epcot

Or jungle trek at AK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Not in Epcot, or Jungle Trek (but this is closer)

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Feels kinda Asia like...how about Kali river rapids queue?

5. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Pangani Forest Exploration Trail. Around the area of the Tigers habitat.

6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

We have the right continent, but not the right place, getting closer.

7. zackiedawg

How about the little prayer temple/monument near the hiker's hotel on the way to Everest?

8. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Pangani was the right continent, tigers = wrong. ; So not near Everest temple/monument.

9. zackiedawg

Ah - it was the Pangani part that was right, not the tiger/Asia! ; I got that mixed up. ; So it's off to Africa we go.

And now I know where I've seen them! ; The Tamu Tamu seating area, in the fort.

10. zackiedawg

Yep...just double checked through my photos, and sure enough I've got one with them in it:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  11. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Re: Where could this "window" be?- SOLVED

Well done Justin! ; You even provided proof! ; We sat back there 2 years ago when they ran the "Tastes of Africa" in July. ; It was like a mini Food and Wine, and be had beers, wine and some food. ; This was where they held the wine and beer tasting.

12. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

That sounds like a lot of fun! I've never heard of that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Last time I was in that alcove was the lunch break for the "Backstage Safari" Tour back in 2009. ; If I get food at Tamu Tamu I usually sit down acoss the street at Dawa Bar. ; Nice catch.

14. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

It was done for 4 consecutive weekends, from about 5-8 pm, in July. ; We loved it, but they have not brought it back, I imagine it did not bring enough people to AK to warrant it again.

15. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Nice Justin. I knew I was in the right area, just couldn't figure out exactly where.

16. zackiedawg

I like to head back there near dusk when AK is closing - it's a nice place to chill out and hide a while while the park empties out, so you can stick around and be one of the stragglers for some night shots.

17. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

So that's the secret. ; ;) ; I will have to use that one. If I get caught, I'll just tell that that Justin told me to do it. ; ;D ; Thanks for the tip.

18. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Tim and I were in DHS for an hour and a half past park close on Monday night. ; Granted they had done Fantasmic at park close, but it was nice to wander and get some of those shots with no one in them.

19. zackiedawg

Exactly. ; I've been able to sit in the open at Dawa Bar at AK for a good 45 minutes or more after close with no hastle - but then the cleaning crew start moving all around you - so I move over to Tamu Tamu and generally noone bothers me at all. ; I wait until the last safari riders, store shoppers, etc go past, then start walking around to the Asia direction to work my way out...it's easy to be in there well over an hour past close.