what's up with the last post icon?

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by Dan, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Dan

Dan Member

First I'd better explain what I mean. It seems to be a new addition, that in addition to listing the person to have made the last post in a thread in the view of a particular group of threads it also shows the icon of that user, if they have one. At least I assumed that's what it was doing. But I've been looking around and it seems inconsistent. Sometimes it shows the icon for the most recent poster, sometimes it seems to show the icon of the person who started the thread.

If this is indeed inconsistent behavior I just wanted to point it out if it wasn't known already.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

its supposed to be the avatar of the most recent poster. please monitor this further and if it seems like a legit issue, i will try to resolve the problem.

3. Dan

Dan Member

So far I can add that in the listing of all the groups it seems to be spot on. I just found an example where that works there but then shows a different icon in the view of the group's threads. In Printing and Printers, in the view of all the groups it shows last post as Polynesian Medic and shows the proper icon. In the listing of the threads within that group it still says Polynesian Medic but shows Roger's "escapay" image under the free canon prints topic, and that is the most recent post on that thread and also for the group.

I can find no other pattern, except that it seems that it's either showing the icon for the person who started the thread or for the person who made the most recent post. In my checking I haven't found any cases of avatars that don't belong to either the first or last poster showing up.

And that the bug seems to like Roger's image. This has to be coincidence, but in the MK group there are six escape icons in a row while Roger's post is the last post only one time out of the six.

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Ah the child boards from the main board. If you look at Epcot, Listen to the Land, I was the last one to post but zackiedawg's icon is still showing too. I see what Dan sees on MK.

5. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

i will investigate this with a support site to see what is going on. thanks for pointing this out, i never noticed it.

6. Dan

Dan Member

Great, so I'm the only one anal enough to have actually noticed it huh?

I'm kidding, I was just paying a lot of attention to it because I'd just discovered the avatar feature and was really interested in it. I had realized that I was paying more attention to the last post info since it was so easy to tell who it was, I didn't have to look straight at the small text of the user's name. With some avatars I could ID the user while reading the subjects.

7. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

I still can't get my avatar to work. I hadn't noticed but once you said that it's been bugging me.

8. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I have noticed that it is a bit delayed but it does work.

9. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Dan, you're not the only one anal enough to have noticed it, but I thought there might be other criteria for the avatar
    I was not aware of (largest post etc.)