what snacks are in the dinning plan. and other ?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants and Dining' started by I u diseny, Jul 17, 2008.

1. I u diseny

I u diseny Member

hi , what snack are in the dinning plan? ;
    if you dont eat all your meal can u get a doggie bag?

how much tip should u leave?

if your on the dinning plan is it worth ; buying the refillable mug?

how can u tell what meals are on the dinning plan?

we got the deal were we got the dinning plan for free ; and was thinking about ; up grading it to the plus , but I not sure if it worth it ; , my DH ; is not a big ; eater

2. amw

amw Member

I've never partaken in the Dining Plan, but I do know it is a lot of food. If you upgraded to Deluxe, you would be spending most of your day in restaurants -- OK if you're not trying to see much of the parks, and really LOVE food. Also, it requires a lot more work doing all your ADRs.

Personally, I went to WDW (staying offsite) with every intention of pigging out and eating all the bad things I could imagine. The truth is ... it was much too hot to eat really big hot meals, and after a day of walking around the parks, I wasn't all that hungry. I didn't end up gaining anything ... and I was bit disappointed by that! ; ;D I couldn't imagine eating a full meal, three times a day.

To answer your questions:

Yes, you can get a doggie bag. A lot of people get the dessert to go. You didn't mention where you were staying, but the onsite Disney hotels have fridges - if you're staying moderate or deluxe.

Tip is not included in the plan (for this year), but the print-out will list "suggested" tips for you already figured out. Disney generally expects 18%, but leave what you would feel comfortable leaving at home based on service.

The refillable mug can only be used at the resort you are staying at (technically). It's worthwhile if you stay at the resort a lot during the day, or tend to drink lots in the evenings. But, if you're not at your hotel very often, you may not get your money's worth. I think they're currently around $13, and large drinks are around $3. So, think how much would you drink at your hotel and see if it's worthwhile. I rather stop at the grocery store and get a case of pop for $4.

All restaurants/dining carts etc. should have a clear sign of what snacks are included on the plan. It's generally "individual" snack items under $4.

Here is the official brochure for the Dining Plan to see the participating restaurants:
    http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/media ... Dining.pdf

3. I u diseny

I u diseny Member

thank you ; ;D ;D ;D ;D