What is your favourite non-ride activity at WDW?

Discussion in 'Disney Theme Park Discussion' started by Sheila Gallant-Halloran, Dec 23, 2008.

1. There are so many. But for my family, it's probably sitting on the curb watching the Spectro Magic parade at MK after a commando-style day of touring, watching Fantasmic! at HS after pigging out at Hollywood & Vine, or enjoying the Hoop Dee Doo musical revue (one of our family's staples of every trip).

What is your favourite?

2. scratch

scratch Member

Mine is going to France and enjoying a Creme Brulee and a Grand Marnier Slushie!

3. My newest is hanging out with friends during Mousefest and eating and drinking around the world.

4. I u diseny

I u diseny Member

Fantasmic and looking in all the stores from around the world

5. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Chillin' at the resort pool.

[​IMG]

6. Shop around the world! ; Checking out the pin stores is always interesting too.

7. I u diseny

I u diseny Member

lol that is so funny ;

8. highland3

highland3 Member

Just wandering around the resorts and parks, soaking it all in... topped off by a nice hot fudge sundae at a certain spot in DTD!!!

9. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

[​IMG]

10. realfam

realfam Member

OK now were talking!!!!!!! ; I was gonna go with hanging around the pool and doing some shopping, but those sundaes are awesome!

11. mini-canadian

mini-canadian Member

I too was thinking resort pool............BUT...those sundaes ; :p

12. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

Riding the monorail.

13. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

highland3, you took my response. ; Totally a sundae at Gharadeli. ; But Sean and I also have a tradition of going to see a movie every trip as well. ; Especially if it is really hot outside. ; That way we can cool down a bit. ; The other non ride thing I like to do...take photos and lots of them!! ; :p

14. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Member

MY favorite is shopping in Mousegear in EPCOT and Everything POP at POP Century!

15. CoryTheRaven

CoryTheRaven Member

Oddly, I think I almost like the non-ride things at Disneyland better than the actual rides ^_^

Well, I suppose the Mark Twain Riverboat and DLRR still count as rides, but the Main Street Cinema, Penny Arcade and Enchanted Tiki Room are more "attractions". One thing I used to love doing was take a morning walk on Tom Sawyer's Island while the smog mist was still over the Rivers of America. It was beautiful, serene and almost enough to convince you that you weren't in a theme park ^_^ Unfortunately, I haven't been back since they installed "Pirate's Lair" in my favorite spot to see if it's been ruined. I also enjoyed just sitting in the Court of Angels in New Orleans Square, but I gather that's now been taken over by the Christmas store...

16. GoofySteve

GoofySteve Member

Hope this thread is not too old.

Every trip I go to WDW I hunt for the perfect man's silk tie.

It has to be subtle. No Mickey swinging a golf club for me.

All my ties are sort of hidden mickey style patterns.

Even my kids help me look.

Cheers,

Goofy Steve

17. realfam

realfam Member

Oh I am so glad the days of me wearing a tie to work are long gone and never coming back.............

18. scratch

scratch Member

Hope you check out the outlets! ; That's where I usually find them for a lot less! ; I give them to the male teachers as gifts!

19. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

Dole Whip!!!!!! ;D