What is your favourite non-character meal at WDW?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants and Dining' started by Sheila Gallant-Halloran, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Just curious to get reactions... ; Merry Christmas everyone!

2. scratch

scratch Member

Family Oriented ; - ; Definately Prime Time Cafe! ; With Beaches and Cream coming in fairly close behind!

Adult ; - ; Definately has to be Victoria and Alberts! with the wine pairing!

3. Ooh - I LOVE V&As!

Prime Time - I love too - but I've had some clients who've loved it, and others, not so much - some don't get the "joke" of having the waitresses scream at them to eat their veggies, I guess. ; Different strokes... but to me, it's such fun!

4. scratch

scratch Member

I guess it's only funny when you are the one not being picked on!LOL

Can't wait to eat there next week! ; PBJ here I come!

5. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

my fav was Coral Reef, with Tony's coming a close second

6. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

We ate at Boatwrights this last trip and it became one of our favorites. It was very quiet (until Yee Haa Bob started up.) see Northern Sorcerer Mickey's video of it. The was great good value.

7. Re: What is your favourite non-character meal at a WDW resort (not inside parks)

maybe we should do a slight variation - what is your favourite non-character meal at a resort? ; (So far we've had some neat suggestions - so it'd be great to hear others too...)

8. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Sean and I really liked the Turb Club Bar and Grill at SSR. ; Sean liked it for the steak that he got three times while we were there. ; I liked it because the chef was very accomodating and I got food that wasn't really on the menu. ; Oh and even though I can't stand green beans, they were to die for!!

9. now - that is a place I haven't eaten at yet! ; Thanks for the tip! ;

So many restaurants, so little vacation time! :)

10. deblen4

deblen4 Member

We love the Turf Club and it would almost be #1. ; But I think my favourite is Boma and my husband's favourite is Canada, Le Cellier. ;
    That question produced so much discussion here. ; Kids favourites are Turf Club and Coral Reef. ;
    First question from everyone was do I have to pick just one!!

11. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

at the resorts, I would have to say Narcoosee's....although we only ate at 3 resort restaurants (california grill, narcoosees, and the luau)

12. I like your taste, weemcp!

13. GoofySteve

GoofySteve Member

Greetings All,

I nominate the Marakeesh Restaurant at Morocco as the best non-character meal at WDW.

(And no it is not just because of the belly dancer.;-)

The setting and the food are truly unique and the food is delicious. We have always found the service to be excellent and it is easy to get reservations.

When my children were younger they were a bit nervous about the food. But once they tried the chicken wrapped in pastry and dusted with icing sugar they were hooked. Sorry I have forgotten the name.

By the way I just found this web site and it seem great.

Goofy Steve