what accessory are you completely lost without?

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by Tim, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

for me, it's the epson p-2000. this is a 40gb card copier/photo viewer which allows me to walk thru the parks and when one of my cards get full i can copy it and reuse it the same day. i dont need to walk around with 5-6 cards, just 2 1gb cards. when one is in the camera the other is copying and vice versa. it also eliminated the NEED to lug the laptop on every vacation as well. expensive, yes $500 but priceless for serious photogs.

there are newer versions for this year, the p-3000 and p-5000. picture from www.bhphotovideo.com

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. DisneyDame

DisneyDame Member

That looks like a handy gadget. I bought and use a 30GB iPod photo for the same purpose. It takes little while to download the photos, but is small and easy to carry around.

3. I always want to buy one of those photobanks but everytime I always counter that urge by thinking: if I spend $800 for a photobank (Canadian price, taxes included) I can buy an equivalent to 24 Gb of Transcend 120x CF cards... and that's on top of the 8 Gb Ultra II CF cards I'm currently using.

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

I have the Wolverine 80GB MVP. The screen is smaller, but the price was right. With the latest update, the 30D RAW files are viewable on it.

And if you don't already have an MP3 player, it doubles as one too.

Costco had a good price on it, no problems so far.

But the same idea as you Tim for my trip in December. My wife is bringing her laptop, but not me.