were to stay next time,Disney's Coronado Springs Resort orCaribbean Beach Resor

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by I u diseny, Sep 9, 2008.

1. I u diseny

I u diseny Member

we book there to get a good rate the person said we can change it , ( we need to add air) ; we book at Caribbean Beach Resort ; but went I check on line it said the main pool will be close there ,,,both me amd my Dh are swimmer and will use the resort pool,,, we swan every day on our trip after the parks,
    thinking of changing to coronado ,, which resort is nice ,,,,,can u give me pro and con to each,,,,,,,thanks

2. disneyduo

disneyduo Member

We have never stayed at the Caribbean Beach but we have stayed at the Coronado Springs. ;

We don't swim a lot, but we did go down to the pool and we loved the slide. ; There were definetly a lot of kids around the pool which made my husband decide not to enter. ; He loves kids, but he isn't a great swimmer so he didn't want anyone laughing at him.

Pros: ; Great theming
    ; ; ; ; Food selection
    ; ; ; ; Hammocks
    ; ; ;
    Cons: ; Housekeeping wasn't great
    ; ; ; ; Although we didn't mind it it is a huge resort which means a lot of walking after you have been at ; the parks.
    ; ; ; ; Farthest busride is to the Magic Kingdom.

Overall we had a great experience here. ; Never had to wait longer than 10 minutes for a bus once we got the schedule figured out. ; We would stay here again.

From what I have heard about the Caribbean Beach it needs some updating.

Hope this helps.

3. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

We LOVED Caribbean Beach. ; We didn't use the main pool as there are quiet pools within the buildings. ; We stayed in the Aruba area and the quiet pool which was a fair size. ; Not as big as main pool, but close. ; There was hardly ever anyone there because everyone was at the main pool. ; However if the main pool is closed, then the quiet pools may be a bit busier. ; We had a good experience with the resort though. ; No issues and would certainly stay there again.

I will keep in the same way as disneyduo

Pros: ;
    Close to most of the Theme parks (didn't seem to take long at all)
    Food Selection wasn't too bad either. ; They even had a really nice bakery type place
    There was hammocks at CB too.
    There is a lake in the middle of the resort where you can rent boats and drive around the lake. ; It wasn't big, but it was still something extra to do for sure.
    Fairly quiet

Cons:
    Housekeeping didn't do too well with our room. ;
    The theming was a bit cheesy and I do agree it could use some updates
    There was about a 2 to 5 minute walk to Old Port Royale which I didn't mind. ; I loved walking along the sandy shore of the lake and across the island.
    If you get stuck in one of the last resort areas where the bus stops, it does take a tiny bit longer to get around the entire resort to your stop.

Sean if you can think of anything else, you might want to add here.

4. highland3

highland3 Member

Never stayed at Carribean Beach... but our last stay was at CSR.

It was a beautiful resort... but it is very spread out with lots of walking. ; The mousekeeping in the rooms was good, but the grounds was not.

As the main convention resort, it was rather strange. ; Lots of suits and business types. ; I really found it to be a non-Disney atmosphere much of the time. ; I'd like to try CBR.

I can't believe the CBR pool will still be closed for refurb... it's been closed since early this year. ;

Don't forget, there are always the quiet pools!

5. amw

amw Member

I think the pool was to reopen this month. ; ???

From allears:

"The themed pool, Old Port Royale, at Caribbean Beach will be closed for refurbishment between January 7, 2008 and September 15, 2008. Small, child-size, pool slides will be temporarily added to the pools at Villages of Jamacia and Barbados."

The last I heard, they were ahead of schedule. The rooms are going through a rotation of rehabs too.

6. I u diseny

I u diseny Member

your rigth I went back and check I read it wrong ; ......thanks

7. amw

amw Member

Another discussion site ; ;) is reporting the CBR pool is now officially open. It looks fun with a new kids pirate slide area that drops buckets of water ... a zoo in the making ; ;D

8. I u diseny

I u diseny Member

wow it sound nice ...are they making a zoo too

9. amw

amw Member

LOL! No, I just meant there will be a lot more young families staying at this resort now ... with little "monkeys" all over the place. ; ;D

10. I u diseny

I u diseny Member

;D lol //////