Welcome to the TMIP forums, dan43.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tim, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Please welcome dan43 to the TMIP Forum. Feel free to post whatever photos or ask whatever questions you want. The best way to learn and have fun is to participate.

Please tell us a little about yourself and have a great time on the TMIP 'boards.

2. dan43

dan43 Member

Hi, I'm Dan, 43, from Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada.

I was on ITM Forums and found a picture of someone taking a flash picture in Pirates of the Caribbean. There was a link at the bottom of that photo to TMIP and here I am! I love photographing everything at Disney, but I mainly look for things that inspire me before I take the picture. Using this method, on my last trip to WDW in 2006, I came home with roughly 1,300 photos! Thank goodness for digital cameras!!!!

I am unable at this time to attach any photos because I'm connected at my office, but will gladly post a few of those images of me in a Disney park when I get home tonight. I was also looking for those images on my server and recently I rebuilt my server so they're not back up on my site yet.

This is actually my second post here, not my first. The first one was about userbars. I have a Disney userbars site located at http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars. It contains several hundred Disney-related userbars that I've created over the last couple of years that you are free to use in your forum signatures. All I ask is that you do not link directly to the userbar on my site, but simply download it first, then upload it to your own server or an image hosting service like ImageShack and call it from there. Check it out, I'm sure you'll find something you like there. It's nice to see them being used on almost every Disney forum site I'm on! I know at least I'm bringing a little bit of happiness to those who want to use them. ;)

Incidentally, I'm going to Walt Disney World in just over 2 weeks, so will be able to take loads more photos to post.

I'll be back soon!

Cheers,
    Dan

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Welcome Dan!
    Nice job on all the userbars!

Looking forward to seeing your pics. We have a lot fun sharing our disney pictures here!

4. Tim

welcome, dan! thanks for stopping back and looking forward to discussing photos with you. great userbars.

5. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Dan! Glad to see you here, and THANKS for all the great Userbars you have made! As you can tell, I use a few myself. ;)

6. Tim

TMIP Userbar (for now)

until dan can bless us with one of his great userbars for TMIP... here is one that i came up with.
    [attachment=1]

i am sure dan can do much better than this and i look forward to seeing it and thank him in advance.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

7. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

still not a bad looking bar though, I like it Tim!

8. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Welcome, Dan! Hey, we'd also like to see some photos from your neck of the woods. the Pacific NW is one of my favorite places in the world.

You a hockey fan? :)

9. dan43

dan43 Member

I can't profess to ever having sat down and watched an entire Vancouver Canucks game but do take part in sports discussions around the breakfast table at my office cafeteria.

As an FYI, I don't live in the Pacific North West... I live on the spectacular Canadian west coast. Ahem... we Canadians are proud of our heritage, and if you've ever seen the now defunct "O Canada" film at Epcot, you'll KNOW we are a proud people - it says so in the film! ;D

I do have a question though. In all the times I've ever been to a Disney park, I've never taken my tripod with me. I'd like to do that this time around, but am wondering how to get it to Florida without having to check it as regular baggage. If I carry it, would you recommend a tripod carrying case, or can I just carry it in-hand? It's a fairly decent tripod and I'd hate to see it get broken!

How many others here reading this take their tripods to Disney? I suspect that for some of the days I'm at the parks I'll be doing nothing (or not much of anything anyway) except taking obscure pictures - but this time I'd like to mount my camera on the tripod and get some not-so-blurry images. I've got a Canon Powershot S1... not sure if that's up to some of your standards, but it takes GREAT photos! It's a couple of years old, but it's better than carrying my Olympus OM-1 around! That thing, after batteries, lens and flash, weighs about 10 lbs! Try walking around with THAT hanging around your neck every day!

Thanks for any advice.

Dan

10. Tim

dan, search for velbon ultra luxif on this forum and you will see that LOTS of us travel with that particular beauty.

11. Tim

btw, awesome avatar!

12. dan43

dan43 Member

Thanks! I'm kind of an amateur whiz at Photoshop!

13. dan43

dan43 Member

I will also be posting some text and images from my daily trips to the parks while I'm there. Yep, I think I'm going to splurge and get a few days' worth of Internet access at the hotel. I've set up a blog for this purpose and if any of you want to keep tabs on my movement, feel free to stop by: http://www.dansmith.ca/disneytrip08 . Currently it only has a few posts on it, because I'm trying to update it every time I have something I need to write about prior to my trip. Come on by!

14. Tim

we shall see.... ;D

15. dan43

dan43 Member

Here's me getting my picture taken with The Mouse in 2006...

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

16. dan43

dan43 Member

Myself and Jiminy at Conservation Station.

17. dan43

dan43 Member

I'm here, I'm actually here!!!!

18. Tim

awesome! i am glad that they have jiminey at conservation station... don't recall seeing him anywhere else.

19. dan43

dan43 Member

Hi all, I finally have all my Disney pictures on line.

http://www.dansmith.ca/disneygallery

There are 3560 photos, and a lot of them are pretty good and a lot of them are lousy because I'm partly a pack rat and can't bear to delete some of them. But you are free to take a look as a guest and comment on any photos you wish.

Come on by! I'd be happy to see you there!

Thanks,
    Dan

20. Tim

cool... i am sure we will be sure to check them out. welcome once again and thanks for the awesome contributions in such a short time.