Welcome kevings

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sean&Karen, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Welcome to DisneyMagic kevings, so glad you stopped by to check us out. Our members would love to know more about you, if you have a free minute why not answer a few questions?

1. What's your first name?
    2. Do you have a nickname?
    3. What Province do you live in?
    4. What brought you to the DisneyMagic.ca forums?
    5. Age (or age range)?
    6. Marital status?
    7. Occupation?
    8. Favorite food?
    9. What vehicle do you have?
    10. Which WDW park is your favorite?
    11. Who is your favorite character in a WDW attraction?
    12. How often do you take a trip to WDW?
    13. Explain your user name/how you came up with it.
    14. How long have you been a Disney addict?
    15. How did you find DisneyMagic?

2. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Welcome to the boards kevings! ;D

3. kevings

kevings Member

1. What's your first name?
    ; ; ; ; ; Kevin
    2. Do you have a nickname?
    ; ; ; ; ; Not really, but I have been known in the RADP chatroom at various times as "Fifty", "Dr. Manhunk" and currently "Lobsterboy"
    3. What Province do you live in?
    ; ; ; ; ; Ontario
    4. What brought you to the DisneyMagic.ca forums?
    ; ; ; ; ; Met the webmasters at WDW
    5. Age (or age range)?
    ; ; ; ; ; Mid-30s
    6. Marital status?
    ; ; ; ; ; Single
    7. Occupation?
    ; ; ; ; ; Support staff for the OPP
    8. Favorite food?
    ; ; ; ; ; Anything Asian
    9. What vehicle do you have?
    ; ; ; ; ; Ratty old 1997 cavalier
    10. Which WDW park is your favorite?
    ; ; ; ; ; Epcot
    11. Who is your favorite character in a WDW attraction?
    ; ; ; ; ; sooo many: Eyebrow lady in the Star Tours safety Spiel, Gary Sinese's hair in Mission: Space, Patrick Warburton in Soarin, Miss ; Jobson from Kilimanjaro Safaris is sadly missed "no one calls them Thompson's Gazelles, they are Tommies! TOMMMIES!!!!!"
    12. How often do you take a trip to WDW?
    ; ; ; ; ; 2 or 3 times per year
    13. Explain your user name/how you came up with it.
    ; ; ; ; ; it's just my first name + last 2 initials
    14. How long have you been a Disney addict?
    ; ; ; ; ; since attending my first RADP meet in 1999, although I was a part-time fan before that
    15. How did you find DisneyMagic?
    ; ; ; ; ; met the webmasters, then got a reminder about it when he posted to RADP

4. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

Welcome kevings glad you're here enjoy. ;D

5. mini-canadian

mini-canadian Member

Welcome Kevings!!! ;

6. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

I have to ask. ; You met by fluke? ; If so; that is so very cool...

7. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Welcome kevings!
    [​IMG]

8. highland3

highland3 Member

Would you believe I've actually driven that very cruiser?

It's true! ; What a neat car.

9. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Do we have a member of law enforcement in da house?

How do you catch the kids in there souped up cars with the Hybrib?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. mini-canadian

mini-canadian Member

Welcome Kevings!!!!

11. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

We met at Mousefest in December.

12. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

Really? ; That is so very cool!! ; Gotta love the power of the internet (being able to keep up with people you meet at WDW and such).

13. kevings

kevings Member

Yep, Sean and Minnie came to 2 of the meets hosted by the other Disney fan community I'm part of, RADP. ; Maybe next year we'll convince Sean to ride Tower of Terror...

14. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

I don't know what your talking about :)

For the record Karen didn't like Rockin' Roller Coaster... God i love that ride!

15. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

I am not familiar with RADP, what is that?

LMAO! ; Sean, have you never ridden? ; I've been with a few people who are deathly afraid. ; However, I rode with my friend; Lizzie a couple of years back that was so afraid that she started doing lamaze breathing...priceless!!!

16. kevings

kevings Member

RADP is one of the original Disney fan groups on the internet. ; It's a usenet newsgroup - rec.arts.disney.parks. I remember accessing the pre-cursor to RADP, rec.arts.disney, when I was in university back in 1991. ; RADP meets are actually the inspiration for Mousefest. ; We've been meeting annually in the parks since 1996, although I didn't start going until 1999. ; The amount of traffic RADP gets has declined over the years with the introduction of this flashy thing called the web, but I've made some amazing friends through the group. ; If you poke around allearsnet.com, you can find some photos from the early RADP meets. You can still find RADP through google groups these days, and we meet in a chatroom for friendly (and some say a little too insular) chat every Wednesday and Sunday nights. ; You can find out more at RADP.org

Kevin

17. mini-canadian

mini-canadian Member

I believe it is ; ;REC ARTS ; DISNEY PARKS . ; ;I think I used to belong to that years ago....I have some sort of a pin that someone made me from there. ; ;I can't even remember now how to find it. ; Perhaps Keving can enlighten us?

OK>>>>>>>>>>DUH! ; LOL!!!! ; I had my reply sitting on my computer since very early this morning ; ::)and then didn't send it....then when I sent it, I saw that Kevings had answered....

18. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

I don't drop, you can spin me, flip me, and shoot me out of a cannon. But i don't like dropping

19. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Ok, I am going to tattle. ; Sean also hasn't been on Everest, so we will certainly be pushing him to try TOT and Everest the next time we go. ; And for the record I felt a little sickly after I got off Areosmith, but I still tried it and would probably try it again. ; I also tried splash mountain for the first time too. ;

20. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

Cool...thanks!

Sean - don't feel bad - normally I would make fun of you, regardless if you 'don't drop' or not. ; However, on my recent WDW trip I was with my friend Rob; who got sick on IASW. ; Wait let me say that again; Rob got sick on Small World. ; I swear this is all true, it's too stupid to make up. ; And before you even thunk it - Magic Kingdom is a dry park - so that wasn't the cause of his illness. ; He claimed that he had suffered from motion sickness. ; I claimed that he had suffered from morning sickness. ; ;D