Welcome dcastcan

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by CameraGirl, Apr 17, 2008.

1. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Welcome to DisneyMagic dcastcan, So glad you stopped by to check us out. If you have a free minute why not answer a few questions so our community can get to know you better?

1. What's your first name?
    2. Do you have a nickname?
    3. What Province do you live in?
    4. How did you find the DisneyMagic.ca forums?
    5. Age (or age range)?
    6. Marital status?
    7. Occupation?
    8. Favorite food?
    9. What vehicle do you have?
    10. Which WDW park is your favorite?
    11. Who is your favorite character in a WDW attraction?
    12. How often do you take a trip to WDW?
    13. Explain your user name/how you came up with it.
    14. How long have you been a Disney addict?

2. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Welcome dcastcan! Pleas tell us how you are a CM.
    [​IMG]

3. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

Welcome dcastcan looking forward to hear your point of view.

4. dcastcan

dcastcan Member

I'm a IP from Canada...I know way to much about Disney, and I love learning new things! I hope to add more fun and more questions:)

5. amw

amw Member

LOL! I had to go to that Lingo thread to find out what IP was ; :D Welcome. Where are you working down there?

6. dcastcan

dcastcan Member

Im in the Canadian Pavilion at EPCOT. I'm what guests get to see when it comes to fulfilling their stereotypical dreams;)

7. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Wow your down in Disney right now? If so your living my dream.... If you are still down there in December we will stop by to say hi during mousefest

;D

8. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

Definitely let us know when you are working during December we'll be holding a meet during mousefest at the Canada Pavilion last year we had about 35 people join us for an impromptu meet it was lots of fun.

9. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Since ; your talking about the Canadian Pavilion. When we were there in March there was as UK phone booth outside near the entrance to O Canada.
    What's with that?
    I should have taken a pic.
    [​IMG]

10. dcastcan

dcastcan Member

1. What's your first name? Dustin
    2. Do you have a nickname? not really
    3. What Province do you live in? BC
    4. How did you find the DisneyMagic.ca forums? google;)
    5. Age (or age range)? 22
    6. Marital status? not married (got around that well huh)
    7. Occupation? Cast Member
    8. Favorite food? Can't go wrong with a good iced cap
    9. What vehicle do you have? Currently...we bus it
    10. Which WDW park is your favorite? DAK
    11. Who is your favorite character in a WDW attraction? In an attraction? It'd have to be Mr Toad in the haunted mansions pet cemetary. Favourite character all around would be Kenai and Koda
    12. How often do you take a trip to WDW? haha...daily
    13. Explain your user name/how you came up with it. D=dustin cast=cast can=canada
    14. How long have you been a Disney addict? I saw the Lion King in Theatres...need I say more? I was sooo young

Ok, so to answer questions and queries.
    -The UK phone booth is actually a reference to the british heritage in Victoria and Ottawa. Its actually a canadian phone booth (and I'll get a pic of it for ya)
    -I actually leave to go back home August 1st, so I wont be down here for the event, unfortunately. I will be able to get some contact names for ya though.

Here's my question for you...
    If you've been the the canadian pavilion, you'll have seen the movie (the old or the new), thus you've been in the mine (queue area). Do you know the name of the mine?

11. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Good trivia question.
    Don't know the answer and won't use Google to find it.
    But I'm positive someone on the board will know the answer.

12. [​IMG]
    This is a Canadian telephone booth.

Wow that is a real tough one. ; ??? ; I have no idea. That is a great one. I will have to look in Dec.

It's too bad you will not be there for Mousefest...... You should get more of your fellow cast members on here, it may well be the next best thing to home.

13. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

I am stumped on your trivia question. ; That is one thing I didn't pay attention to.

How long have you been at DW?

I also have another question. ; They were debating on a Podcast that the Hotel du Canada was either modeled after Chateau Frontenac or a hotel in BC? ; Actually one of the guys said a place in Ottawa. ; What Hotel is it modeled after?

When I was there in December I went up to a couple of CM's at the Canada Pavillion and gave them Canadian Flag pins. ; I told them they had a missing pin they should have. If you were still there this coming December, I probably would have done the same thing :D

Oh...I like that suggestion, it will definitely give us all a Disney Fix to hear from you and your friends.

Oh and I am very disappointed that the Beaver Tails kiosk didn't stay. ; :'( They are so yummy!

14. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Alex what is the Chateau Laurier?

15. dcastcan

dcastcan Member

haha well done HamHam. You're right, as the Hotel du canada is actually a replica of the chateau laurier...as well as similar architexture as the Chateau frontinac and the banff springs hotel.

I'll definintely pass this website on to the other cast in Canada...it's always a fun experience to interact with present, past and future guests.

Beavertails are amazing! They didnt work out down here because the demand was sooo high. We all wish there was a timmys down here.

I'm not going to tell you the answer for the trivia question...because its a really good one (in my personal opinion).

I can pose more questions if we get this one solved;)

16. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Ok, I spent lunch hour yesterday and at least a half hour here at work (since we are slow), looking for the answer. ; I think I found it. ; What is Maple Leaf Mine?

17. How about Toronto Maple Leaf Mine... they are at the bottom.

18. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Good burn.

[​IMG]

19. dcastcan

dcastcan Member

Nopers, maple leaf mine is incorrect

20. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

You got me I thought it was the Maple Leaf Mine too???