Visions of Brazil

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by Coo1eo, May 6, 2012.

1. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

; As many of you know, I am currently in Brazil for work. While I don't have any good camera equipment with me, I do have a decent little 16 mp Canon Point & Shoot. Unfortunately, I am working solely from my work computer which also means I have no access to any post processing software, so all of the pics are as shot save for minor touchups using Apple's preview software. For reference, I am in Macáe which is a city about 2-1/2 hours north-east from Rio de Janeiro on Brazil's coast. This is mainly an Oil Industry city the also has a lot of tourism. Beautiful beaches fronted by great restaurants are the big draw. I am holed up at the Comfort Suites which is on the beach front. ENJOY!

[​IMG]
    Praia do Cavaleiros by Coo1eo

[​IMG]
    Cavaleiros Boardwalk by Coo1eo

[​IMG]
    Coco Gelado by Coo1eo

[​IMG]
    Lagoa dos Emboassica by Coo1eo

[​IMG]
    Blue Tree Hotel by Coo1eo

[​IMG]
    Mountains in the Mist by Coo1eo

[​IMG]
    Santana Island by Coo1eo

[​IMG]
    Ilha da Santana by Coo1eo

2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Great photos, although it looks like you might be stalking someone in that last photo... :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

LOL ; - ; Could be... I was just going for a little bit of perspective with the island in the distance & the boarder happened into the picture as I snapped it.

4. Paul

Paul Member

Good stuff Leo keep at it with the P&S. ; Shoot what you have! ;

5. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Very nice - great to see something a little different too. ; Beaches must be nice - climate not a whole lot different than Louisiana though, at least in the summer!

6. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Justin - The weather here is not very different than Louisiana or Florida for that matter. It is currently rolling into their Winter here & the average temperature these days is about 75Ëš. Evenings get in the low to mid 60's. Summertime gets really hot though. The nice part is being directly on the Atlantic, you always have a really nice breeze coming off the Atlantic (Unless you get too far from the coast).

7. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

8. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Thanks for the link Scott. I will give it a try when I find myself in these occasions.