VALUE RESORT

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by I u diseny, Nov 10, 2008.

1. I u diseny

I u diseny Member

we going in sept and were planning on staying at a mod resort like we did last year ......but due to our dollor going down ..dh want to stay in a value ,,,I call about this and we save close to 500 dollor, which is a lot of money,,,,,
    how are the value resort ,,,,,? which is the best to stay at?

2. mini-canadian

mini-canadian Member

I would say POP Century. ; It is a great resort and has its own bus service, doesn't share with another resort.

3. Pop is great, but you gotta consider what you want most for your family - with a wee one (if the picture is any indication) you might want to check out the All Star Music for the family suite

4. btw - forgot one other point - if you can move your vacation up to June (from Sept.) you ; might save a bundle with that pay for 4, get 3 free promo - might make staying at a moderate (or even a deluxe - for the best deal you'll ever get for one of those) more palatable and easier on the pocket book... course it all depends whether you have that flexibility in your vacation plans.

5. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Love POP!

6. realfam

realfam Member

We really enjoyed POP as well. ; Was alot busier than any of the DVC resorts we normally would stay. ; Especially the food court area at meal time.

7. scratch

scratch Member

We love POP too!

8. I u diseny

I u diseny Member

sept is only time both me and dh can get off work at the same time

9. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

Another vote for Pop. ; ;D

Dedicated bus transportation, slightly larger rooms and the newest of the 4 built. ; Zeus does Sports look run down. :eek:

September is a good time to visit, lower crowd levels, beautiful weather and a VERY good chance of free dining!!

10. Pop is great - however, I always encourage families with young children to look at their napping needs, microwave and fridge needs, extra space needs (if young one is napping, can mom and dad watch the tv without disturbing the little one, etc.) - babies and wee ones bring additional considerations to factor in. ; Sure, you can often request some of the electronics (at an extra price) no matter where you stay, but the space is something you have to think about. ; That's why the family suite at All Star Music is often attractive to some. And the cabins at Fort Wilderness (especially if you like having a BBQ).

And if you have young children, long bus rides can be a bit of a nightmare if you don't come back until late. That's why I sometimes but budget-minded families at the Contemporary - it's a deluxe hotel, but the convenience of the monorail and actually being able to walk to Magic Kingdom, is sometimes really worth the extra expense. ;

11. here's the floor plan for the ASMusic family suite...

Attached Files: