Tumblr

Discussion in 'The Digital Darkroom' started by haunteddoc, May 31, 2011.

1. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Anyone use tumblr?

2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I have one, but don't use it much at all. ; I guess because I have a blog hosted elsewhere.

3. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Warning...rant.

I do not like tumblr blogs at all. ; I don't even like blogspot. ; For some reason these blogging environments make it hard to build a community from my experience.

I use wordpress.com. ; It's free and an excellent blogging platform which is easily moved to your own domain in the future.

Rant off. ; :)

4. Paul

Paul Member

Jim,

I currently have my blog http://blog.paulbousquet.com hosted at Tumblr and like its fairly easy approach to blogging. ; It is also very low maintenance and integrates well with Twitter. ; I would tend to agree with Scott regarding the community aspect, but if you are looking for a place to show off your work and let people see it and share it then it works very well. ; You do have the capability to have comments and such so there is some community building capabilities. ; I do not chose to do this since it is not what I am looking for.

I have tried to tailor the look of my blog and match it as closely as possible with my Zenfolio site.

It's free so you can always give it a try.