top casual eats at WDW

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants and Dining' started by Sheila Gallant-Halloran, May 29, 2010.

1. scratch

scratch Member

Trails End is about the only one I can agree with!

The rest are overpriced for what you get! ;)

To me Casual Dining is Counter Service!

2. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

I haven't eaten at any of them.

But, scratch, I must disagree with you about casual dining. To me, it just means slightly lower priced, and a casual atmosphere (sci-fi cafe comes to mind)

3. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

I like the pizza window at The Boardwalk.

4. deblen4

deblen4 Member

I also consider 'casual' to mean counter service, although you really don't have to 'dress' for the majority of Disney establishements and maybe that's why they've said casual? ; I haven't eaten at GF Cafe. We did enjoy a good 'casual' meal at Tusker House when AK first opened and it was counter service at that time. ; Chef Mickey's is one of my favourites especially for breakfast, but not a cheap meal. ; Trail's End is okay, nothing outstanding for me, but it is a less expensive than the other Disney buffets. ; Liberty Tree is good, but again a little more expensive sit down meal. ;
    I think one of my more recent fav places for a casual quick meal is the Sunshine Terrace? ; not sure if that's the name, but the counter service in the Land building, or Flame Tree BBQ at AK. ;

5. obo101

obo101 Member

I have not eaten at any of these either!

6. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

Trails end is good, I LOOOOOVVVEEEDD the new Tusker house unique food all tasted great and worth every penny. Liberty Tree was just OK. Chef Mickey's is more about the character the food is good but nothing exciting.

7. My family LOVED Trail's End as well - good food for the price, and it was fun to explore the Campground area.