TMIP Mousefest 2008 (several topics merged)

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by zackiedawg, Jul 9, 2008.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Just thought I'd float a thread out there, to check on the goings on for TMIP and Mousefest. Last update I knew of was that Tim was likely to be arriving Fri (Dec 12). For those who don't know, Mousefest WDW events this year are Dec 11 (Thursday) through Dec 15 (Monday).

I'm in the midst of trying to schedule my trip for that time of year - checking DVC availability and rates. I go up around that time of year anyway for the holiday decorations and such, so it just adds a bit of fun and something to do to be up there at the same time as the Mousefest. And it makes it even better when TMIP is hosting some photo tours and classes, so I can meet fellow TMIPers and hang out! Tentatively, I'm thinking of heading up Thu night, staying until Monday morning. That would only be two days off of work, which is feasible for me. I'd love to land a Boardwalk studio, but who knows what will be available.

There was a thread in the 'Meetings' area asking who might be attending - anyone who knows for sure they'll be there, post up here so we can keep running track of who will be there, when you arrive, and hopefully soon our Fearless Leader will get some TMIP photo gatherings scheduled for us! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Re: Any news for TMIP at Mousefest '08 yet?

i will be putting this same subject out for consideration very soon. i think the 101 class was a big success this year and will def. like to repeat that one along with a tour somewhere along the way. suggestions? throw them out there!

3. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

The evening photo tour of EPCOT was a bit different than you planned (most likely due to the huge sore on your foot). Maybe we can try to do that again. EPCOT Center is expansive enough to handle large roaming groups of people with tripods

4. zackiedawg

Night Epcot would be nice to do in full this time...always scenic, cooler, as Ray mentioned more room to move a pack of tripod-wielding folks, and definitely something for newbies and amateurs to learn about shooting night scenes via either high ISO or long exposures.

BTW - I'm now official for at least part of my Mousefest trip - I've booked Dec 12 (Fri), 13, and 14th, departing Monday the 15th at Saratoga Springs in a studio - and I'm waitlisted for Boardwalk (oh yeah, like there's any chance of that happening!) studio if one becomes available. I've also got a waitlist request for Dec 11 (Thu), as I'd really like to get up there that night instead. It wasn't available anywhere in the DVC for those 4 nights together, so I booked the 3 nights and waitlisted the other.

5. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

BTW - I'm reading from Kevin Yee that WDW just changed the timing for priority reservations down to 90 days for restaurants, so that would mean September for MF reservations. I guess unless they've already been made before the change.

6. Grumpwurst

According to TouringPlans.com (Len Testa's site), the change is only temporary until Disney can roll out their new reservation system. And my understanding is that it only applies for ADRs in 2009. Specifically those for after July 2009.

7. Roger

That didn't make any sense. (I went to his site, and his timetable is what he is guessing). He seems to think they are rolling back the 180 days over a period of 90 days so it will be 90 days forever beginning in Jan 2009. But then it's only temporary? I guess the question is: can you reserve something for December right now?

Anyway, his first post said 8/1 to begin, but Kevin's saying it's already started....

8. Grumpwurst

I would trust Len over Kevin, but that is just me. But, the best way to know is to call and attempt to make an ADR. If you cannot, they'll tell you about the new rules. I'm guessing it's not in affect because as a DVC Member we get messages about things like that and I haven't heard a word from DVC Member Services

9. mPower

mPower Member

Tomorrow is 180 days from our first day of our Jan trip. I'll let you know :)

10. Grumpwurst

Well, if they are really deploying a new reservation system, I hope the new one can prevent you from booking multiple ADRs for the same day and overlapping times. That will really put a crimp on some people's strategies

11. Roger

Any system that doesn't require a credit card for no-shows will have ways around it. Like different names. And I doubt they will require a room info because you can request it even if you're not staying on property.

12. Grumpwurst

Every time we've booked ADRs with the meal plan we were told we had to link it to our room reservation. That won't cover everyone, but it would cover most

13. mPower

mPower Member

ADRs for Jan 16-17 accepted with no problem today... :)

14. Roger

hmm. good to know.

15. zackiedawg

Very good to know. I'm working on booking my January stay this afternoon...maybe I'll throw in a few ADRs and see it they'll let me book them for Jan 24-28.

16. mPower

mPower Member

We'll be checking out the 25th. We decided on that week because the next weekend is the Super Bowl in Tampa...

17. zackiedawg

Well, if you happen to know where you'll be on the 24th - maybe we can pick a spot to pass by for a TMIP hello - I'll be headed up late in the morning, so I'll be there by 1-2pm that afternoon. I'll likely pop into a park that evening.

18. mPower

mPower Member

I'm not sure yet, but we'll be at the AKL in our first vacation with the whole fam as DVC members!

19. NitroStitch

NitroStitch Member

101 was wonderful, I'd love to catch the Epcot night tour if you have an encore production (missed it last year to stay with my lucky friend at Cindy's)... A night photo tour of the Studios' Dancing Lights would be really cool, but probably a logistical nightmare with the crowds it already draws.

20. Re: Any news for TMIP at Mousefest '08 yet?

Oh no! Ill be just missing it! Ill be in the World with the fam December 7th-12th! :mad:
    I would love to do one of Tim's tours someday!