The Alphabetical Game - Derivatives

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by zackiedawg, Jan 8, 2009.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

OK...new idea! Another elements and derivatives game, but this time, let's involve the alphabet. Here's how it will work:

Each person must post a photo of a subject that starts with the next sequential letter of the alphabet. It can be a photograph of the actual word, or it can be a photograph of a ride, building, hotel, or park that starts with that letter. Let's keep it on formal names for the time being - no photographs of objects or things ( "T"rash can, "C"art, etc)...only places/rides/parks/buildings/things with an official name ("A"nimal Kingdom, "G"rand Floridian, "P"irates of the Caribbean, "S"oarin, etc.).

If you've got a photo that has the sign in it somewhere, or the word written on something, that will work - or you can just post a photo from that ride or place (just be sure to add the name of the place you are posting, in case some less frequent visitors aren't familiar with it!).

So, I'll kick us off with an A:

[​IMG]

Animal Kingdom.

I'm starting fairly broad - a whole theme park, and with the actual sign in the shot. Future posts don't have to be quite so broad - a shot of a restaurant, hotel, inside a ride, etc will all work too!

And of course...if this ends up being successful enough to make it to 'Z', then the next person can come up with an 'A' and the alphabet can start all over again!

So, who's got a 'B' to get this thing rolling??!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

"B"ay Lake Tower! (I couldnt resist)
    Another great idea Justin.

[​IMG]

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

"C"alifornia, or Kalifurhnea

[​IMG]

(Sorry, don't have my big "C" images online, probably because they're never devoid of people)

4. amandazen

amandazen Member

"D" for Dumbo found on one of the floats at the Dreams Come True Parade at Magic Kingdom

[​IMG]

5. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Eeyore

[​IMG]

6. Roger

The "F"rench Market! (DL, NOS)

[​IMG]

7. zackiedawg

"G"ermany Pavilion, Epcot:

[​IMG]

8. zackiedawg

BTW - thanks all for jumping in! Glad to see the idea worked.

I was just thinking that we may need to let one exception in to the game, if not in the first round, then likely if this goes further...and that is for the letters Q and Z. There just aren't too many things in Disney that start with one of those letters...so for those two letters, I think we should allow the posting of ANYTHING in the Disney parks that can use one of those letters, even if it isn't the first word. So for those letters, you can post any object, formally named or not, that uses the letter Q or Z...like a Zebra at AK, or DisneyQuest...for those two letters, it's whatever you can come up with!!

9. Roger

Dang, I'll have to hold "Go-Go Gadget Coaster" for next time.

10. Roger

"H"ouse.

[​IMG]

11. Craig

"I"magination

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

12. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Japan

[attachment=1]

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

13. Craig

"K"ona Cafe

14. mSummers

mSummers Member

"L"illy Belle

[​IMG]

15. zackiedawg

"M"ad Tea Party:

[​IMG]

16. BB3126

BB3126 Member

"N"orway

17. zackiedawg

"O"ff Kilter!:

[​IMG]

18. BB3126

BB3126 Member

"P"ooh

19. zackiedawg

Well we're at the scary Q now! I'll go ahead and jump on the grenade for this one, so everyone knows it's OK for the Q and the Z to incorporate the letter anywhere you can!!

Cir"Q"ue Du Soleil:

[​IMG]

20. BB3126

BB3126 Member

"R"iver boat
    not one of my best