That one line from a Disney movie that you'll never forget.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tikilalalove, May 2, 2014.

1. tikilalalove

tikilalalove Member

Since every movie has its own thoughts and story, I believe each and every one of us have "that one line" that really moved us. So here's mine.

"The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it." - The Lion King.

Yeah, every one of us has painful experiences in the past, but we can always look on the positive side. We are the one who will choose on how we would look on things that has happened to us. But I believe that the most important thing is how you moved on, and how you keep on going.

2. Bloomsie

Bloomsie Member

@tikilalalove AHH! This is so hard. Unfortunately, I memorized most of Beauty and the Beast. But I have a few quotes that I know that can be shared that I enjoy.

"If it's not Baroque, then don't fix it!" - Cogsworth in Beauty and the Beast

I failed to understand the pun until now. I'm a music major (Choral Music Education major in particular) and when I heard this and actually understood it, it meant quite a bit to me. I already love the movie and can relate to Belle in so many ways. But now, I can create with some of the other characters, too. Which is great!

"Well, there's the usual things: flowers... chocolates... promises you don't intend to keep..." - Cogsworth in Beauty and the Beast

This was actually a quote my mother used as an example how most men may be if you don't play hard to get. (gives you an idea of my childhood!) I find this to be true though. There are men out there that can buy you the world and later forget about you. But overall, the way this phrase is stated is hilarious in the sense that the Beast wanted to give Belle anything that she wanted and didn't know what. Who knew this beast would be such a Prince after all? :D

I have just realized... I should be more diverse in my quotes... Heh. I guess you can tell which classical Disney movie I'm obsessed over. :p

3. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Member

My favorite is from Finding Nemo where they say "Onward to Mount Wanna Hawk a Loogie" it is kind of one of those silly lines that only the parents pick up on. I love the hidden parent jokes.

4. Jeremy Gilkes

Jeremy Gilkes Member

My favorite all time Disney movie quote is from Aladdin. "Phenomenal cosmic power!! Itty Bitty living space."- The Genie

5. Anna Ramsey

Anna Ramsey Member

You can't help that, we're all mad here. -The Cheshire Cat-Alice in Wonderland

6. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarie Member

"You see simba. Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance. As king you need to understand that balance and respect all animals, from the crawling ant to the leaping antelope." -The Lion King (Mufasa)

I try to live my life respecting all living things equally no matter how small. Although I am a vegetarian, I try to see the balance in all life.

7. urRei

urRei Member

"You can't marry a man you just met."

BAM! That's Elsa, the Snow Queen, reminding her younger sister Anna in Frozen. That line was really surprising, so I bet that one I won't forget. It's different from what we usually see in Disney movies or fairytales where "love at first sight" exists. The line teaches girls to be cautious, to guard their hearts because what you see is not always what you get in real life.

8. QueenElsa

QueenElsa Member

That one's one of my favorites too! There are so many good ones, it's hard to think of another right now, but I go around quoting Disney, haha. Elsa's "you can't marry a man you just met" sticks out to me too, it's like their breaking the 4th wall and making fun of all the other Disney movies where the girls do indeed marry a man they just met.

9. thonnie_17

thonnie_17 Member

"I know every mile will be worth my while. I would go most anywhere to feel like I belong." - Hercules

"I can go the distance." - thonnie_17 is relating :)

10. brandon0818x

brandon0818x Member

"The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all." This quote is said by the Emperor of China from Mulan. It basically means that triumphs and accomplishments made from bad circumstances are the best ones of all!