Tapestry of Nations

Discussion in 'Epcot Photos' started by stephen, Nov 5, 2006.

1. stephen

stephen Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

thanks stephen. i never got to see that parade but the floats look beautiful and the audio (which i have heard) is incredible. wish they would bring it back.

3. barrie

barrie Member

Very nice - I really miss that parade. It was my favorite. Barrie

4. gary

gary Member

count us in as major fans of that parade, best ever at the world in my opinion, have the full length audio courtesy of the napster days, wish they would bring it back, we loved it so much one trip we watched it i think 6 times in a 1 week stay
    gary

5. DisneyDame

DisneyDame Member

Great pics, Stephen! Question ???: when were these taken? I'm looking at them and am thinking that maybe these are from after Tapestry of Nations became Tapestry of Dreams? I saw ToNations in 5/2000 and 11/2000, and comparing my pics some of the floats are a little differently decorated. (Hey, sorry, I'm the trivia gal! ;)) Never got to see ToDreams, though. Absolutely loved ToNations, and the music still gives me chills.

6. ilene

ilene Member

Hi Stephen,

TON was my absolute favorite must-see in all of WDW! I still listen to the soundtrack often. You can hear the music as you leave Epcot at night - it reminds me how much I miss TON. TOD was okay, but in my opinion was missing something - it just didn't move me the way TON did.

By the way, DisneyDame is correct. The floats in your first two photos are from TOD - it's the Dream Catcher float.

Thanks for sharing,
    Ilene

http://www.pbase.com/ilene/wdw
    http://radish.htmlplanet.com

7. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

My favorite!!!!

It was really special at night.

8. joedisney

joedisney Member

I agree, I have some fond memories of watching this parade at night. Its a shame Disney stopped running it :mad:

9. Tim

BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK!

10. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Umm, it's almost midnight and you made me upload another pic to the website.

[​IMG]

Can you believe that this is GOLD Max?????

11. wdwnut4life

wdwnut4life Member

I miss it so much, but I have the music on my 5g video iPod! (A friend of mine has the cd & she made it for me) :)I have Tapestry of Dreams music on my iPod too.

12. Imaginerd

Imaginerd Member

I agree, but I'm just a sucker for night time shows. But TON is deff a different kinda of parade. I loved it and who knows there could be something for '07.

13. Tim

it would be nice if they dusted it off for the 25th anniv. of epcot.

14. wdwnut4life

wdwnut4life Member

I agree Tim! We only have 2 wait til October til Epcot turns 25 (it's older than me, I'll be 24 Feb 3rd)

15. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

I miss that parade. I have the music piece I downloaded from somewhere a long time ago and listen to it sometimes.

16. wdwnut4life

wdwnut4life Member

I listen to it weekly!

17. wdwnut4life

wdwnut4life Member

they are bringin' it back soon! :)

18. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Are you sure? I haven't even heard any rumors about it coming back.

19. goofy101

goofy101 Member

There was a rumor it was coming back for Epcot 25 but that never materialized

20. stephen

stephen Member

It's too bad they didn't bring it back...

I saw both TON and TOD. The pics are actually from TOD. I didn't have a digital camera with me in 2000 when I saw TON :eek: