Stranded in Orlando....................

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by realfam, Dec 21, 2008.

1. realfam

realfam Member

We were suppose to arrive home on friday aftern, but as our luck would have it, just as we were about to board our Airtran direct flight home. ; They announced Buffalo airport just shut down and our flight was cancelled due to the snow storm and please make our way over to customer service to make other arrangements. ; Well after hearing this, and travelling with a baby we rushed over to CS quickly. ; They informed us there was no other way to Buffalo since every flight was full or cancelled. ; So they we were stuck in Orlando for another day. ; Airtran was excellent at finding us a hotel in Orlando (Best Western), and got us a discounted rate of $59 (good deal, I thought). ; I found Airtran customer service to be excellent!!!! ; I think some of the Canaddian airlines could learn a thing or two from some of these discount airlines. ; Airtran promptly book us on a direct flight to Buffalo saturday a 12:50 and got us our boarding passes before we left the airport.
    All in all it was stressful (mainly because of travelling with a baby), but everything worked out. ;

2. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

While you were stuck.
    Ham Ham BBQ-Snowmometer
    [​IMG]

3. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

So very many flights were cancelled/changed due to the storm. ; GREAT to hear that your delay worked out so well for you and that you are home safe and sound.

On the very bright side, you were stranded in Orlando, not Buffalo!

I too love Airtran, as I also found their customer service to be excellent.

4. As stressful as it is to be stranded in the airport with a baby (been there, done that - one time with only swimming diapers left, and the airport gift shop had none - messy, to say the least), I'm so pleased for you that it got sorted relatively quickly, and you're safe and sound. ; These adventures are never pleasant, but at least you're coming home now. ; Merry Christmas to you and yours (and/or Happy Hanukkah.)

Best,
    Sheila

5. scratch

scratch Member

Glad to hear you were taken care of! ; Hopefully we won't have to see what kind of service SW will offer if same to happen! ;

But if you are to be stranded, better at MCO than BUF!

6. GoofySteve

GoofySteve Member

Once in 1997 we arrived at the Orlando airport on the way home only to find our flight had been changed and took off an hour early.

Gulp. I had $4.50 U.S. left in my pocket.

The airline gave us chits for a hotel, cab, meals and flew us home the next day First Class.

Wow.

Goofy Steve

7. realfam

realfam Member

Wow Steve, that was nice of them. ; Which airline was that?

8. GoofySteve

GoofySteve Member

Delta.

Goofy Steve