special contest - TMIP userbar wanted...

Discussion in 'TMIP Contest Announcements' started by Tim, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

this is a special contest but something i think would be a lot of fun. i see a lot of really neat userbars in people's signatures (look at my sig to see mine) but i dont really like mine that i created. i was wondering if someone from the site would be interested in designing userbars for TMIP and posting them here. after a few are posted we can vote on which one is best and whoever created it will win a prize of some sort from me (autographed disney book such as disney world trivia? signed TMIP postcard?). so......please get to creating and be a part of the TMIP community. i look forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. kylewhit89

kylewhit89 Member

ok so this is what i could come up with
    for your forum users!
    maybe a special one for the owner or (cheif/head photographer!)
    [​IMG]

anything on that is changeable!

3. Tim

you're off to a good start, kyle. i'd like to see some more of what you can do...maybe make something for me as the owner? i'd really like to start seeing this little guys around the web...

thanks!

4. kylewhit89

kylewhit89 Member

ok so i tinkered
    hows this??

[​IMG]
    for the head honcho

5. Tim

at-a-boy....

6. drcookies

drcookies Member

I noticed a few members have some cool userbars on this forum... I don't have a clue how to do it but would love some suggestions on where to start! Thanks!

Tom

7. Tim

try here for starters...
    http://www.userbars.com/userbartutorials.php

i'd love to see what you can come up with for this site...i always like seeing other folks' creativity. gonna take some effort to be kyle...

8. dan43

dan43 Member

Hey, this is my first post here, and wanted to drop in and say that I'd be interested in creating a Magic in Pixels userbar. I see some of my own Disney userbars here from my site, http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars. It's nice to see more and more people using them!

I have pages of userbars for each Disney park, plus some of the resorts, characters, and some miscellaneous Disney userbars. I haven't counted the number of userbars I've created, but it's got to be in the hundreds. You might not like all of them, but it is up to you to select which ones you like.

There's also a tutorial on my page about how to get them into your signature, and another tutorial about how to create them yourself using PhotoShop and ImageReady.

I'll see what I can come up with in the way of a userbar or two for TMIP and post them back here and on my site.

If you decide to use any of my userbars, then all I ask is that you do not link directly to the userbar on my site. Right-click on it to save it to your local hard drive, then upload it to your own server or service provider, or an image hosting service such as ImageShack. If you feel so inclined, you can link back to my site when you put it in your signature, to make it easier for more people to find them.

Cheers!
    Dan

9. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Thank you dan43, and welcome to the boards!

10. Tim

That would be great! Much appreciated and looking forward to seeing it. Can't wait.

11. mousefan

mousefan Member

I'm not too bright... ??? How do I put my userbar in my messages?

12. dan43

dan43 Member

Hey mousefan, go to my site and click on the "Help" tab. That'll explain the process.

Sorry guys and gals, I got home too late last night and neglected to even turn my computer on. I'll do that tonight and upload some photos and create a userbar or two.

Dan

13. Tim

just add it to your sight via the profile or user cp. if you want to use one that's already on line, just copy the web URL of the bar and re-paste it. let me know if you need more help.

14. dan43

dan43 Member

Here's one for now...

Do you have any particular item or colour you'd like to see? Should I change this one in any way? Like add some text or something like "Fan" or "Member", or perhaps "Shutterbug"?

Attached are 2 - one with border and one without... but TOTALLY customizable...

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

15. dan43

dan43 Member

That one with the border didn't come through right - this one will.

I can even make it animated...just tell me how you want it.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

16. Tim

awesome, dan!
    as far as colors go, I used #c2d1ef (lt blue), #1a3365 (dk blue), and #eae0cd (tan)... if that helps.
    what could you animate? as far as lettering goes, I know how to do that in ps. I usually drop in placeholder text and modify to suit.

thanks!

17. dan43

dan43 Member

I used lightblue, darkblue and tan colours - just copied your colours with the eyedropper. Cool, eh?

I could animate the film in the background so it looks like it's moving. I wish I knew how to do "old film" style animation, but I think that would require a special PS filter.

18. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

thats really cool!

19. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

20. Tim

wow, looping the film would be awesome!