Sooo...what'd you get?

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by mainstreet1997, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Anybody get any good camera gear from the holidays?

Im pretty happy with my wireless remote, my Scott Kelby book (vol. 1 but loving it so much may have to purchase the others) and two memory cards!

2. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

No new camera goodies, but a great new laptop from the hubby!

3. NitroStitch

NitroStitch Member

I finally took the DSLR plunge with the Nikon D5000 and the next lens up from the one that came with it. I'm in the process of YES reading the manual and trying things. Woohoo!

4. Cory_Disbrow

Cory_Disbrow Member

I got a new Manfrotto 322RC2 ballhead. It rocks. That was it on the photography front though!

5. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Got a DiCaPac waterproof case for my ultra-compact camera, a new 8GB Sandisk Extreme III SDHC card for my DSLR, and an Asus Eee1005 Seashell netbook (mentioned in an earlier thread) which will also have some camera duty as a backup harddrive for my photos when travelling.

Very happy with all - a good Christmas!

6. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

$100 gift card to b&h. ; going toward my new ipod. ; good times!

7. Stitch

Stitch Member

No camera equipment, but I did get a WDW AP, Mac Snow Leopard, and iLife 09.

8. Tim

that's not a bad score, april!

9. bmitch

bmitch Member

Canon 50mm f/1.8 II with a set of Hoya filters (UV, CP and Warm) and a Think Tank Photo Urban Disguise 50. Happy Happy! :)

I hope everybody had a great Christmas.

10. mousefan

mousefan Member

No new camera equipment but I did get an iphone 3GS, Sugar Bowl Tickets (GO BEARCATS), Epson Artison 810 printer, Blu-Ray player and some pretty cool movies. ; It was a good Xmas to say the least.

11. Tim

good score, joe and brian. ;

12. bmitch

bmitch Member

Thanks Tim.

13. Dan

Dan Member

My Christmas loot was kind of camera light.. umm, in that it didn't have much photo related items, not that it involved illuminating equipment..

But I did get a Giotto rocker blower, to replace my old one in which the rubber was breaking down and being spewed out the nozzle. ; Yeah, the thing that was supposed to blow dust off of surfaces was instead spitting sticky rubber pieces out, it was making things dirtier. ; And I'm told there's a fancy AA battery charger still in transit to me, I include it as camera gear because I'll be using it to charge the batteries for my flash. ; I might be able to use it to match my cells, to measure the capacity of each and group them by similar capacities so that they all run down together.

There's one other thing I got that I have to offer a link to:
    http://www.scottevest.com/v3_store/nylon-windbreaker-packable-jacket.shtml

Check that thing out. ; It's a fairly light weight windbreaker, light enough that it's useless for me in the winter, I'll have to wait for spring to be sprung before I wear this outside. ; But it's jam packed with pockets, it may well replace my cargo vest for some day trips with my camera. ; Part of their trademark is putting channels to route headphone wires up to your head from the mp3 player and cell phone compartments (with transparent window to let you view the screens that they say enables you to use capacitive touch screens through the window), there are even little pockets to hold bud earphones if you're not wearing them.

14. WillCAD

WillCAD Member

15. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Nothing here either. ; I did get some clothes, a year subscription to Netflix and that is about it.

16. Tim

Just ordered a brand spanking new ipod classic (160gb) with my gift card. ;

17. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Wifey bought herself an iPod Touch and is sitting next to me absolutely LOVING it.

18. Tim

19. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Not much in the photographic department. ; Got a beanbag made to use with dSLR cameras and an outdoor photography book.

Also received a D23 membership from my daughters and assorted clothes, DVDs and stuff. ; Oh, a cool iPhone/iPod holder for my car which uses a cup holder. ; Will let you all know how that works out. ;

20. Tim

here is one happy kiddo...