SONY HITS IT OUT OF THE PARK, AGAIN!!!

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by gary, Dec 1, 2017.

1. gary

gary Member

i love my a7r2, it's without doubt the best landscape camera i have owned so far, but it's not nicknamed the turtle for nothing, it is in no way a sports or wildlife camera. in fact barely acceptable for use with rail photo charters on runbys. but that is all over now. i had been looking off and on at the a9, sony's right down the canon throat sports wildlife 20 frame per second ride the lightning model. well announced in october, and currently sold out at ny retailers comes the a7r3, 10 frames per second, 42mpx raw, with supposedly twice the processing speed of the a7r2, 15 stops dynamic range, with 80 % of the autofocus of the a9. by reserving a preorder rental 2 weeks ago, i was able to take a shot at trying one out, they arrived on time at lens rentals, and fedex actually got it to the pickup center a day ahead of time. i was off today, and since i already bought a couple spare batteries and a double charger, knew i would either end up with this camera or the a9, they share batteries and L brackets, i was able to go out and try a little today. so here they are, long islands own flying dump turkeys the seagull
    [​IMG]
    straight out of the camera, a7r3 with the sony 70-300 f4.5-5.6,not a gm quality lens, no post process, in fact i even had to download a trial run of capture1 because lightroom has not released an upgrade to recognize the r3 files yet, so imported to a drive via capture1, converted to a jpeg by capture to a separate folder, imported by lightroom, cropped in to this, uploaded to smug mug and linked here. i think i might really like this camera

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    jbwolffiv likes this.
  2. gary

gary Member

i know, not sharp all the way, but this was only about 10 minutes into actually in the field with this camera body, i will get better,
    [​IMG]

and a brown gull
    [​IMG]