Sharing meals

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants and Dining' started by GoofySteve, May 28, 2009.

1. GoofySteve

GoofySteve Member

Greetings all,

I have a really small appetite and I find the portions at WDW restaurants to be quite large.

Also the appetizers often look yummy but I can't usually manage an appetizer and a entree.

Has anyone tried as a couple to each order an appetizer and then shared an entree? Does the restaurant get cranky if you try that?

It would solve my problem and even leave room for dessert!

We have shared appetizers but never entrees.

Also what about going into a sit down restaurant and just ordering an appetizer and dessert? I have often wanted to try that but never had the nerve.

Cheers

Goofy Steve

2. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

Hey Steve, I have personally found that the portion sizes have gone down in the last few year I used to feel full all the time and hated it. Recently I can finish the meals without feeling bloated. Having said that I can still understand how some might still be overwhelmed at the size of the meals. Don't feel ashamed about ordering only an appetizer and dessert. I have often seen people just going into a restaurant for coffee and desert. Most restaurants know that some people want to split meals and they will let you do this without a problem but some will charge and extra charge to do this still worth it if you are light eaters. Welcome to the forum.

3. GoofySteve

GoofySteve Member

Ah thanks.

That is good to know.

In 2007 my family went to the California Grill and ordered two appetizers to split between the four of us and they had no problem with that.

We also split two desserts.

But we had four entrees.

Cheers,

Goofy Steve

4. mini-canadian

mini-canadian Member

DH and I often share an entre, including at Spoodles and California Grill. ; Have always been able to do it with no problem at all. ; ; ;D