September 16 thru 30, 2 weeks at WDW

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by rhinohunter, Sep 5, 2012.

1. rhinohunter

rhinohunter Member

Just finished putting together the camera equipment for our trip. ; (Leaving in 11 days.) ; The camera equipment will be a new Nikon D5100 (picked up 2 weeks ago) with the regular lenses 18-55 and 55-200. ; This replaces a Nikon D40. ; I didn't want to carry all of that around everyday so I have rented a lens from KCR. ; This is the newly released Nikon 18-300. ; I also have a Pentax WG-2 adventure proof P&S camera for rainy days and water parks/pools. ; I have spare batteries for both and several class 10 SD cards 8, 16 & 32. ; I also signed up for the Photopass Plus CD so I can be in some of the pix. ; We have tickets for MNSSHP on the 21st and I am scheduled for the Wild Africa Trek (I believe on the 27th.) ; The long lens should prove to be quite useful for the AK days. ; I also have a 6 foot carbon fiber tripod for the night shots. ; I believe that I have my bases covered.

2. mSummers

mSummers Member

I'm impressed. ; Usually I'm cleaning and packing the gear the night before a trip. ;

Don't forget to pack the battery chargers and remote cables. ; Those are the two things I seem to leave behind most often and part of the reason I started writing detailed packing lists for trips a couple of years ago.

3. rhinohunter

rhinohunter Member

I have that covered in the packing list as well. ; I also have the wireless remote control for the camera. ; Haven't tested that one yet but if I read it right, there is a remote receiver on both the front and back of the camera. ; Each of us traveling has our own power strip with all of the chargers plugged in. ; Oh well, not quite everything. ; The number of power eaters keep growing. ; You know phone, tablet, computer, bluetooth, cameras 1-3,etc. ; Then there is my wife and a list very similar. ; We learned long ago that the best way to travel is with a power strip for each of us. ; No matter where you stay there never are enough outlets.

4. ELinder

ELinder Member

Yeah, the weight of all the camera gear, electronic gear, chargers, cables, etc. is getting ridiculous. On my last trip to Europe I even took a small wireless router. The clothes are just used to fill in the gaps in the bag and cushion all that stuff.

Erich

5. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

All I can say is thank god I'm close enough to Disney to drive up, so I don't have to go through the pain of packing. ; I just toss everything in my car and go.

Of course, that doesn't help me when I travel and DO have to fly (like Canada last year) - but at least for Disney, I can bring all the camera gear I want without worry.

6. rhinohunter

rhinohunter Member

I have just finished renting two lenses from Kingdon Camera Rentals. ; They will be delivering to my resort on the 17th and picking them up on the 30th. ; I chose the Nikon 18-300 and a Nikon 10.5 along with a Lowenpro bag. ; I will also have the other two lenses that came with my first DSLR an 18-55 and a 55-200. ; Don't think they will get much use after we get to the resort. ; The two rental lenses will give me the ultimate in choices for use in the parks. ; That will be especially useful on the Wild Africa Trek. ; I will only be able to take the long lens on that one. ;