Selling my 17-55/2.8 IS

Discussion in 'Buying and Selling' started by Roger, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Yes, the time has come. Not because it isn't good, but because sometime this year I'll be getting a camera that it won't work on.

I'm still on the fence as to my 30D - I'll probably keep it for birding. Or until I get <a href="http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelDetailAct&fcategoryid=154&modelid=7320"> this.</a> Which is unlikely.

Anyway, it's in great shape. A little wear around the hood, which I am including - it is not included in the massive price. All I'm asking is $675 here before it goes on eBay (check me out: rlongenbach for my eBay rating); if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. idarknight

idarknight Member

Might be interested... I've sent you an email.

3. jcvalenti

jcvalenti Member

I'm curious - what are you looking at ? A full-frame Canon, or another brand body ? I assume full-frame if you're getting rid of the universally regarded 17-55.

I've posted a few other times about my intent to move to full frame ... planning to do so in a few weeks after making sure no rebates on the 5D in April. If I wasn't going full-frame, I'd be all over this offer.

4. Roger

There is more than one system of Canon cameras the EF-S lenses won't work on.

BTW, Canon Europe appears to be planning for rebates beginning April 1. Unless it's a really good photoshop. Don't know about double rebates though.

5. Roger

Re: Selling my 17-55/2.8 IS SOLD

It's off the market.