Rumor - Toy Story 3 Canceled

Discussion in 'Disney News, Rumors and Current Events' started by Sean&Karen, May 10, 2006.

1. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Rumor coming out of the Disney and Pixar acquisition. Toy Story 3 has been canceled. The new chief of animation, Pixar's John Lasseter, feels that that it should only be made if it has a meaningful story.

2. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

I must say this news is not disappointing to me.......I really enjoyed the first one, but the 2nd one didn't really interest me......

3. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Probably want to spend more money on developing new stories. ; Oh well. ; I don't think that too many people will miss Toy Story 3 not being made. ; Part 2 came out such a long time ago it seems.

4. Treelo

Treelo Member

True... Toy Story was in '95 and Toy Story 2 was in '99... so 4 years between the first two (and even then, some people thought there was too much lag and Toy Story 2 ended up with a completely different audience, rather than many return visitors from the first movie)... and now it's been 7 years since #2. ; It'd be like doing a sequel to the Mod Squad or EDtv now... it just wouldn't make sense to most people, although the DVD folks would probably be happy ;)