reedy creek fire rolls out on a call

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Photos / Lost Attractions/ Cast Mem' started by gary, May 14, 2009.

1. gary

gary Member

so i have a car, a few minutes and karen does not mind, so we stop at station 41, that's the newer station across from saratoga springs resort, near downtown disney, the one everyone riding the bus to downtown disney goes past, as i walk around the front and the crew starts to welcome me, come on in, take all the pics you want, the LOUD buzzer, you know the high school end of class period type goes off, followed by ORANGE COUNTY FIRE, ENGINE 41, AMBULANCE 41, MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT, TYPHOON LAGOON PARKING LOT, well 6 of the 8 mount up and go off, so i take a couple of photos and go on my way

[attachment deleted by admin]

2. What a cool, unusual Disney experience. I should show that last picture to my kids at school. Im always telling them to hang up their coats on the hooks in their cubbies - like the firemen do!

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Were they just washing the trucks? ; Looks like alot of water on the ground. ; Neat experience...I'd love to look around there, but I assume you have to be an 'insider' to get the invite to walk around, huh? ; I can't use the old 'my cousin is a firefighter in NY' routine (it's true...but it's true for thousands of people!).

4. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Justin from what I understand anyone, can go to the houses and get a look around. ; They even do or at least did tours around the station that looks like a dalmatian.

5. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Nice action shots Gary. There's nothing like being in the right place at the right time. :)

6. gary

gary Member

they had everything out of the apparatus bays and were washing the bay floors when i showed up, and they were actually just finishing. i think a lot of people are surprised when they learn how many housekeeping hours are involved in a manned station, they think the fireman's just sit around all day waiting for a call saying, "where my hose at"