Realfam returns to WDW for a Thanksgiving Trip

Discussion in 'Disney Theme Park Discussion' started by realfam, Oct 9, 2009.

1. realfam

realfam Member

Yes, were off to the ;world again! ;This trip we have planned to spend a few nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge and the remainder at Old Key West.
    We are spending tonight (friday) packing our stuff. ;Saturday morning were heading to Buffalo and checking into our favourite hotel (SleepInn) for there ParkNFly package.
    We have a 7am flight with JetBlue sunday mornning getting us to MCO for 9:30AM. ;Hopefully in WDW before 11am to enjoy a hot day by the pool.
    I plan to update this report as the week goes on. ; Highlights of this trip will be Mickeys Not So Scarey Halloween Party and plenty of time spent enjoying Epcot's Wine and Cheese festival.
    Time to pack....

2. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Safe travels!

3. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

So jealous...Enjoy your Thanksgiving trip!!

4. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

Have fun!

5. realfam

realfam Member

Well, were here and having a fantastic time!
    The easiest way to describe things right now are with one word.....HOT! ; \Oh and rumour has it there's snow flying around at home. ; (Glad I'm not there)
    We had a 7am flight with JetBlue which was on time and got us to MCO in 2hrs 15mins (fantastic!). ; We jumped on the ME and were checked in and sitting by the pool in Jambo by 11am ;D ; We spent sunday just relaxing at AKV. ; Monday was another relaxing day spent by the pool over at Kidani (great pool area, DD had a fantastic time playing in the splash area).
    We had our family thanksgiving dinner at Boma (which is one of our favs.), and after eating to much, DW and I headed over to HS for the evening and left DD with her grandparents. ; Well I tell ya, there nothing like jumping on the Tower of Terror and the Rock'n Roller Coaster after eating a huge buffet. ; We also caught the day finale performance at the American Idol Experience. ; Great!!!! I would highly recommend that attraction to anyone.
    Tuesday was our big day for MNSSHP, but before we headed over to the Magic KIngdom we transferred over to our new home of Old Key West. ; Spent a few ours at the pool soaky up more sunshine and yes it was still really really hot.
    Gotta go right now but will continue with more and pics later

6. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

7. realfam - if you haven't done the Toy Story Mania yet, it is one terrific ride/ attraction - much better than Buzz Lightyear at MK I think

8. realfam

realfam Member

Tuesday was our MNSSHP night and boy it was hot and humid! ; This is the 3rd year in a row we have done the party. ; Entered the park around 5pm. ; Headed for Adventureland to do Pirates, Tiki room and have dinner (just counter service, fast so we could move on). ; The party officially starts at 7pm, so at 7:01 we were walking through the trick or treat areas. ; They only handed out a few candies per bag. ; (alot less than other years). ; We did the Haunted Mansion and upon exiting we had a massive down pour and thunderstorm. ; Which did give us a little relief from the heat, but it was sad to see the all the poor kids in costumes lose the majority of their make up.
    We headed over to the front of the castle to watch the parade and I must say, it was excellent (one of my favs), the only thing missing was the headless horseman because of the rain. ; Right after the parade were the fireworks , and again they were amazing another one of my favs to see. ; The parade and fireworks are our 2 must dos, with them being done we headed to more attractions and trick or treat stations. ; After 10PM the stations started handing out fist fulls of candy which filled up our bags quite quickly. YEAH
    It was an excellent evening and we even got to watch the parade a second time before leaving.
    Wednesday is daytime pool with the family and night time hooking up with friend for the Food and Wine Festival over at Epcot.

9. realfam

realfam Member

Here is a few pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Enjoy the heat. When are you back in the GTA?

Nice shots.

[​IMG]

11. realfam

realfam Member

Come back late sunday......................yuck I hope it warms up. ; The weather in Orlando is exactly the way it was a month ago

Want some more pics

I almost forgot to say that during the parade my DW and DD were sitting on the curb watching and DD was eating some chicken nuggets. ; Well when the man walking the grave yard dog came by he could not control the ; hound dog. It pulled him all the way across the street to where my DD was sitting and had dropped a chicken nugget. ; Yep! ; that was one happy hound after he gave DD a big lick and enjoyed her nugget. ; It was way to funny

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Your fireworks photos are amazing. That is so funny about the dog and the chicken nugget. ; I guess you even Disney dogs can't resist human foods.

13. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

You are becoming a fireworks image experts.

Great job!!!

14. scratch

scratch Member

Great Pics!

Be careful when coming home, it'll reak havoc on your systems coming from one extreme to another!

15. I'll second Scratch's comments.

It's darn cold here after spending two weeks in hot, hot, hot (recording breaking hot) WDW.

We had fun anyway but did I mention it was hot -- no rain either to relieve the heat.

16. realfam

realfam Member

Just finishing our packing to leave tomorrow morning (very sad)
    Bizarre weather,,, we have had hot hot weather for the past week ( as some of you know), and today we headed to MK and it was 60F. ; Major cold air moving in from the north. ; We actually had to go out and by jacket tonight.
    I will continue my trip report upon arriving home with plenty of pics..

17. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

The night before is always bitter sweet. :-\

Safe trip home.

18. realfam

realfam Member

So wednesday was anothe hot day that we spent by the Saratoga Springs main pool. That evening, DW and I headed off to Epcot to meet up with some friends to enjoy the Food and Wine Festival. ; Absolutely excellent! ; We arrived and headed right for the world showcase. ; There were 27 countries with food and wine booths. ; Prices for food were $3 to $5, which got you a sampler plate (I post some pics). ; We ate at Mexico, Japan, Puerto Rico, Ireland, Thailand, China, Argentina and loved everything. ; Drink wise, that was comical, since I had intentions of taking lots of pics of all the countries and there menus until we hit Mexico (our 3rd stop). ; Well let me tell everyone, they have the ultimate tequilla bar inside. ; After a few margaritas all picture taking went out the window. ; We watch Ilumminations and then headed to the Pub in England for pretty well the remainder of the night (a benefit of annual passes and late extended hours). ; It was a great night out with no kids!
    Thursday was spent relaxing by the OKW pool, once again to hot to do anything but relax. ; Friday we brought the entire family to Epcot. ; So we were much more behaved. ; Took DD on her favourite atttraction, Finding Nemo and Turtle Talk. ; With a boat rides at Mexico, Norway and Land building. ; Boat rides are great! ; Test Track was extremely busy, even with fast passes it took over 45 mins to do the ride. ;
    Sam Adams had a hut set up at the American Pav. with several types of beers to try. ; My fav, was there 14th Anniversary brew just for Epcot. ; Yummy, another drink I discovered on the adult only night. ; I was much more successful this visit in taking pics from around the world and of Illuminations.
    For anyone thinking of doing the Food and Wine Festival, I would highly recommend it. ; We really enjoyed it!

19. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Thanks for brining the nice weather back with you. ;D

20. realfam

realfam Member

Your welcome!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D