pulled the plug

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by HW, May 9, 2010.

1. HW

HW Member

just ordered a D90 thru Amazon. body only as I have lens. now time to save for a nice macro lens

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Sweet, dude. ; You've been wanting that for a long time. ;

3. mSummers

mSummers Member

Congratulations HW!

4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Your lenses just got an upgrade. ; You are going to enjoy the jump in sensor and camera technology, Howie.

5. HW

HW Member

will keep the 50 1.8 and the tamron 200-500 of course but want to get an upgrade for the 18-135. ; maybe something in the 18-200 or 250 range with some kinda vr.
    I had the 55-200 nikon with vr1 but gave it to my son to use on his D40

6. goofmick

goofmick Member

Congrats!! ; You'll love it.

7. HW

HW Member

thanx. hope it is a worthy upgrade from the D80. everything I have read points to that conclusion

8. Paul

Paul Member

Should be great, have fun with it!

9. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

great Howie! Congratulations! you should love some of the newer settings over the d80, the white balance and color (picture) controls are way better than our d80's!

10. HW

HW Member

thanks Craig. Should have it this afternoon from UPS. of course now they are calling for rain. oh well I can always do indoor noise tests and also take pics of tin foil under bright light to look for PF ; LOL

11. ELinder

ELinder Member

Congrats. I did the same thing, went from a D80 to the D90. I haven't regretted it. Ironically, one of the reasons I made the change was to have video available, but I've only used it a total of 3 or 4 times so far. So much for that line of justification. ; ::)

Erich

12. HW

HW Member

the video is something I don't really care about but since it has it I may try it now and then. next is deciding on a new walk around lens. torn between the nikon 18-200 and the tamron 18-270.

13. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I would strongly suggest the 18-200VR. ; I am sure Craig would agree with me. ; It is worth the extra money to get the quality of a Nikon lens. ; You have the big tele-zoom for wildlife. JMHO.

14. HW

HW Member

Scott I do appreciate your HO. I am leaning towards the nikon.

15. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

HW,

I second Scott's opinion on the 18-200VR. ; I got mine as part of a package deal with B&H when I bought my Nikon D300 and have RARELY taken it off my body.

BTW, don't you mean you pulled the TRIGGER not the plug...haha. ; Makes it sound like you killed something

16. HW

HW Member

I killed something alright. my wallet. anyway thanks for the input Ray.

17. Craig

:)

yep, I love the nikon 18-200 too!! its taken 90-95% of my pics

18. HW

HW Member

ty Craig. looks like the nikon is my next buy

19. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Howie, you may want to look at the used market. ; The only thing they did for the current model is change the color of the VR logo on the body and added a zoom lock switch. ; For $100 more base price.

20. Craig

great point!!!!