POTD - Self-Portraits

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by Tim, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

2. Kiki

Kiki Member

^^^
    That's FANTASTIC, T!

3. Tim

i have a few fun ones of you and bill that you probably don't even remember... should i roll them out?
    they're nothing bad, i assure you.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  4. Kiki

Kiki Member

Not unless you roll them by my email first! :)

5. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Great Tim, I would add one, but Idon't have any self portraits. Come to think of it. I hardly have any pics of me at all. I am too busy on the other end of the camera. Usually what I get of me is from the Photopass Photographer.

6. Another character that Tim closely resembles!

7. Kiki

Kiki Member

8. amandazen

amandazen Member

Great shots Tim and Kiki. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  9. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

I should have focused on the fake rubber eyeball instead of the front of the lens- oh well.

[​IMG]

10. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

One more- Arms length self portrait at f1.2...

[​IMG]

11. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Where I'm sitting right now...the view my monitor has of me as I type this and post this:

[​IMG]

Done in a little 'sketch' style processing, so as not to melt any eyeballs or blow out any monitors!

12. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great shot Justin, heck of a library there.

13. gary

gary Member

and would those be little resin models of the magic and the wonder?

on further reflection the one on screen right is an rci ship, possibly voyager class?

14. Okay so I think I can post this here and you guys wont laugh (My sister said I was a dork LOL). ; A couple of weekends ago it was snowing and I didnt have anything better to do...for once...as a teacher I find myself working A LOT on the weekends.. my mom wanted some nice pictures of her orchids so I set up some material I had on the wall and over a chair. After a while, I was kind of over taking pics of the orchids and started playing with the self timer function and taking pictures of me. ; Keep in mind, I have no flash equipment/umbrellas.

[​IMG]

15. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Thanks medic...I don't really have much in the way of 'collectible' or classic books - just stuff I read. ; I tend to like military, intrigue, espionage, legal thrillers, etc. ; If I buy them in hardcover, I'll hang onto the ones I liked or authors I liked. ; Maybe someday, a few might be worth something!

Gary...that's Majesty of the Seas on the left, and Voyager of the Seas on the right. ; Elsewhere on the bookshelf, I've got Coral Princess, Celebrity Summit, and Holland America Zuiderdam and Noordam. ; I haven't been on the Disney ships yet - surprisingly as I've been on 26 cruises, but just haven't had the courage to combine my love of Disney with my love of cruising. ; At Disney, families and kids are fun and part of the atmosphere...on a cruise, I'm wanting something totally different...so I just don't know if I'd like a Disney cruise as much despite the beautiful ships and adult-only areas.

Mainstreet - other than the lack of control over lighting, you've done just fine for a self-timer shot...you even posed! ; I just sat in front of a computer. ; ;)

16. Thats not posing!

Thats set up the camera, hit button run around, jump on the chair and sit so I wont fall off (the fabric was a little slick) ;)

17. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

No worries - dorks are cool.

Here I am all dressed up for MNSSHP:

18. Tim

that's awesome, "earl" ; !!

i need more on the backstory, please.

19. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I obviously had way too much time on my hands when I wrote this backstory.

History of the Meyer-Flask family

In 1747, Wilhelmina Meyer, heiress to the Meyer Glasarbeiten (Meyer Glass Works) fortune, moved from Bavaria to England to marry The Earl of Flask, whose family owned sand mines which produced the finest quality glass-making sand in Europe.

Their combined resources allowed the Meyer-Flask family to become one of the largest producers of glassware in the world in the early 18th century.

Their grandson, Geoffrey Friedrich Meyer-Flask, nearly bankrupted the company with his fruitless attempts to mass-produce conically-shaped glass containers.

The great sand flea plague of 1803, which made it impossible to harvest the sand for several years, finally put the family-owned company out of business.

The descendants of the family scattered around the globe, taking their glass-making knowledge with them. ; In the New World, they settled in such well-known glass-making areas as Corning, NY and Muncie, Indiana (home of Mason Jars).

The family continues to pursue legal action against the descendants of Richard August Carl Emil Erlenmeyer, who they believe stole Geoffrey Friedrich's idea of a conical glass container, now commonly known as the Erlenmeyer flask.

20. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Thats Awesome. So much fun.