Please - Help Needed Finishing the Ultimate Disney World Guide Book

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by #1 Disney Fans, Mar 22, 2015.

?

Does the World Really Need Another Disney Guide Book?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes!!!

100.0%
  1. We need some help writing our book.

We are not expecting anyone to donate their time for the following project, and only ask for reasonableness if you want to make a professional offer.

We have used ODesk in the past for writing and editing work; and we have also worked with developmental editors on another project; but based on the specific expertise needed for this project, we don't really know where to turn.

Even if this project is not right for you, if you know someone who might be a good fit, please pass along the request!

If you have suggestions that will make our lives a lot easier, please share them.

We'll make sure that some of you get a signed first-edition! We only plan on printing a select few copies.

P.S. If any part of this solicitation is against the rules, please let me work with you in order to keep the request active. Our goal was to have this complete by the Summer, and we are running out of time.

Additionally, if ANYONE, including administrators or moderators or other guests here, is interested in a free draft copy when the first draft is finalized, I would be happy to send it. Send a PM with your specifics and we will let you know when it is ready!

Any input that might be made by Tim Devine, John Frost or Sean Kearney would especially be appreciated!

++++++++++++++++

My wife worked tirelessly for a few hundred hours to develop an awesome Disney World guide and cost savings book series.

She will have a five volume set (+/-) containing about 1,000 total pages.

It is extensive and filled with everything that the other books cover. Because of the size, it would be impossible to print anything other than perhaps the cost savings portions of it.

This set is filled with information and facts and not with photos and maps.

As she approaches the end of this endeavor, it is time that we seek someone who has not is only passionate about Disney World, but also who has a great knowledge of the parks.

The book series is designed to be a really reasonable, self-published electronic book that will be made available to any tourist who visits Orlando.

My wife is an animal lover, and we will be registering a non-profit if and when sales hit a point that offsets the cost of filing the paperwork.

++++++++++++++++

Please contact via private message here and we will get back to you as soon as she is available.

Someone here in Lake Buena Vista would be ideal, but geographic distance is not important.

We expect about 50 to 100 hours is all the time commitment we really need, unless we find someone here that can help with some photos and layout work, etc.

Thanks very much for taking the time to read through this message.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  2. I posted this on a similar forum and it got banned as spam!

Yikes!

I guess other moderators do not take the time to read what is being written?

At least I know where I am not wanted.

It seems as if these are all using the same software for the forums.

I wonder if they are all related?

3. As an aside, we just celebrated our 13th anniversary today!

We got married at the Polynesian Resort and stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge!!!

4. Sean

Sean Administrator Staff Member

You haven't posted any links or and your IP is not listed on my spam lists so you are fine.

As long as you don't start spamming people in PM or on the site and leave it to them contacting you. You should be safe. :)